Sign in to follow this  
sufferer

Lack of appetite

There is no medication that can change your thoughts or actions. I read about this.  Meds mute your anxiety about everything. Some people like them but for me it’s better to make the serotonin naturally with some exercise or just saying HI to a lot of people.  

Wrong again. Some people see a reduction in the frequency of intrusive thoughts by taking meds.

3 hours ago, Handy said:

There is no medication that can change your thoughts or actions. I read about this.  Meds mute your anxiety about everything. Some people like them but for me it’s better to make the serotonin naturally with some exercise or just saying HI to a lot of people.  

You are making categorical statements that purport to be factual, but I also don't think they are. 

Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors can do a great job for some and those sufferers won't make up the missing serotonin levels by diet exercise or saying Hi because it is being Reuptaken in the brain so the inhibitor action maintains its levels. 

For me the SSRI has aided me to balance out peaks and troughs of my emotions and helped me engage with CBT. 

I use a meditteranean-style diet, eat oily fish nuts and salad and take plenty of exercise and apply a happiness psychology, all aid natural serotonin levels and these do help the cause of improving my mental health wellbeing but nothing more. 

19 hours ago, sufferer said:

I've had my thyroid tested and it was fine. Happily, the tablets seem to be starting to work and my appetite is coming back now. Phew.

I'm glad to hear it!

14 hours ago, Handy said:

13 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Wrong again. Some people see a reduction in the frequency of intrusive thoughts by taking meds.

I'm with PolarBear here. My intrusive thoughts definitely decrease when I'm on medication.

43 minutes ago, Raffles said:

I'm glad to hear it!

Thanks! It's come back a little too much tbh, but at least it's back :whistling: