Is there an especial reason why you want to, or need to, to have the therapy at home, rather than at the therapist's office? 

It doesn't sound good to have to push your mum away, 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

This might sound hard Seeking but you have to understand your mother, yes you have OCD but it is her home I guess? Go through with the therapy and do not let those feelings disturb therapy, I am pretty certain your OCD are more latching on what other are doing to you and the other way around and that is fine, mine is the same. But please be aware of what it is trying to do.

As part of my OCD I used to have hoarding symptoms. And part of my therapy included home visits. The therapists I saw were very good. I would have liked more home visits but their visits were restricted by economics. Their travelling time had to be included in the costs. Is part of your OCD about hoarding issues?

Edited by Angst
2 hours ago, taurean said:

Is there an especial reason why you want to, or need to, to have the therapy at home, rather than at the therapist's office? 

It doesn't sound good to have to push your mum away, 

Yes, because of hoarding / attachment to objects at home.

No, agreed I couldn't do that. Just hoped she could see why I need 2 hours alone with therapist and go voluntarily, just for that short time, so I can talk freely with therapist.

2 hours ago, Angst said:

Is part of your OCD about hoarding issues?

Yes. And as treatment time is limited, and because of the years and years of waiting, I'm desperate to get the most I can out of it.

Edited by seekingERPnorthwest

It's your first session, right? Maybe ask the therapist if you can speak to your mother together if you're going to have another home visit, if it would be beneficial for her not to be there. I hope it goes well for you.

Guest OCDhavenobrain
10 hours ago, seekingERPnorthwest said:

Yes. And as treatment time is limited, and because of the years and years of waiting, I'm desperate to get the most I can out of it.

So do not let obsessions stop you. There are no perfect conditions which you need to achieve. This is it

Edit: what is going on here is that you are wanting the perfect conditions where you can recover. Please do not waste more time on trying to find a good enough therapist. Just do it, anxoety will be there

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

There are several tv shows that tackle this very subject, Hoarding, Hoarders, you can find them on the web. e g Hoarders Full Episodes, Video & More | A&E

13 minutes ago, Handy said:

There are several tv shows that tackle this very subject, Hoarding, Hoarders, you can find them on the web. e g Hoarders Full Episodes, Video & More | A&E

None of which are overly helpful for people whose hoarding is because of obsessive reasons linked to Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.   In fact such shows really tend to focus on the extreme 'results' rather than the 'reasons'. 

The OP was asking about family & OCD & the programs address this very subject very well.  The CBT therapist comes to the persons home. Almost everyone gets better b

Reality tv shows are a distinct genre with sub genres for each type. The hoarding shows have a drama imposed upon them such as a artificial time limit in order to bring up dramatic tension. We do not know which scenes are cut, the role of the clearers, and how long the ‘improvements’ lasts.

Edited by Angst
4 hours ago, Angst said:

Reality tv shows are a distinct genre with sub genres for each type. The hoarding shows have a drama imposed upon them such as a artificial time limit in order to bring up dramatic tension. We do not know which scenes are cut, the role of the clearers, and how long the ‘improvements’ lasts.

True but they do follow up treatment paid for by the show.