Do you lose your control too?

When I have a fear sometimes it becomes obsession and then it becomes compulsions. Let me explain. For example I fear walking like a limp - I am afraid of it because when I walk like that I think I will look bizarre and people will mock me-. When I get afraid to walk like that and think about it a lot it becomes real. I mean I lost my control over my body and I really walk limp when I walk. It is like I feel numb and lost all my control over my walking.

Or when I am afraid of looking a man like I am so interested like I like him, I really try so hard not to look and become shy. At the end they all understand me wrong. They think I really like them. My eyes made them rhink like that. But in truth I dont feel any affetion them I just become so obsessed to not to look like that

What I am afraid literally happens to me.

Does this kind of stuff happen to you too? I wander if it is a ocd semptom?

Edited by Era

Hi Era, welcome to the forums.

It is not surprising, though obviously frustrating, that when you are focused on a particular behavior you will probably find yourself acting differently in relation to that behavior.  For example, if you are afraid of being hit by a car, you'll probably start to walk further and further away from the street side of the sidewalk.  If you are afraid of how a man will interpret your gaze, you'll start avoiding looking at men.  These would be examples of avoidance, a type of compulsion common in OCD sufferers.  So yes, your behavior could very well be an OCD symptom.

OCD consists of two parts, the obsession and the compulsion (hence the name :D)

Obsession: Repeated, persistant, unwanted, intrusive thoughts that cause distress (such as anxiety, irritation, etc.).
Compulsions: Repeated thoughts and actions done in an attempt to alleviate the distress caused be the obsessions. Can be directly related to the obsession (such as repeated hand washing for thoughts of being "contaminated") or indirect (such as needing to touch things a certain number of times to feel "right").

What you are describing definitely sounds like it could be OCD related, however no one on the forums can officially diagnose you, for that you'd need to speak to a mental health professional.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Everybody lose control sometimes. Actually, life itself is about being in a state where your head makes you think you have control. We don't.

Thaat said, you are askinf the wrong question. It feels like you lose control but do you? The majority of people in your situation would said they had perfect control.