Determining obsessions

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I got a new therapist from a really good psychoanalyst who new I had pure ocd The new person finally believes me, but doesn't know much about it. I am having a hard time identifying where I fit. Like I obsess about making decisions about being saying things that are just right, etc. It's mainly mental. I have other more common issues, but I can identify those. I can't really find a group I fit into and I've been obsessed with identifying my obsessions, to be able to do exposures too. Anybody else go through this?

Hi there :) 

i can relate to what you say completely - in that my obsessions focus on an internal dialogue which is pretty much always there. I also check things but no where near as much as my internal obsessions. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Obsessing about what kind of OCD you have is no good, it is just another compulsion. Why not just tell yourself that you have OCD and move with it?

Is the therapist also a psychotherapist?

The therapist is a psychotherapist, and they want to focus on ERP. But I can't even think about what a possible exposure to be that's why I'm trying to determine exactly what the obsessions are. However, that in itself has turned into an obsession. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

It's actually not that hard. You have to not think about it. Which tends to be a bad method. Much better to instead focusing on doing something else when you realize you are thinking about it

Everyone has obsessions. Everyone.

As for this 'Pure O' stuff, it has no medical or scientific basis behind it. This information comes from the guy that made it up, PM.  I saw an interview he did about it.