Fed up of feeling this way

I’m so tired of worrying about things other people wouldn’t even care about, I’m just so done with it and the stress and the hiding from life and feeling embarrassed, I just want it to stop, but I can’t make the thoughts go away or tell the difference between rational and ocd thoughts

Guest OCDhavenobrain

A really good question. Why can't we see the difference? 
Maybe we could try to learn ourselves to at least get a little better? There are lots of conditions where one have a hard time doing something people without the condition don't find hard, but with some practice, they get better. 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

2 hours ago, vivi_x said:

I’m so tired of worrying about things other people wouldn’t even care about, I’m just so done with it and the stress and the hiding from life and feeling embarrassed,

I know it can get pretty exhausting and discouraging! Try to just take your small steps and record your successes. It'll give you some confidence and hope.

I find sometimes it really helps to just write out my successes when I'm feeling especially down about getting overwhelmed with an intrusive thought. 

Also i find it helpful to remember other times when I've obsessed about something and it's come to nothing. It reminds me that it is the OCD that is stressing me out, not the particular intrusive thought of the day.

2 hours ago, vivi_x said:

I just want it to stop, but I can’t make the thoughts go away or tell the difference between rational and ocd thoughts

Remember you can't just push the thoughts away--they stay there as we do our exposures. It is tough and you need to do it just a little manageable bit at a time so as to not get overwhelmed. 

Hi @vivi_x  I can definitely relate to the frustration you are feeling from having to deal with OCD.  Its absolutely understandable (and I'd say normal) to feel the way you do and want to vent about it.  Letting out our frustrations can be a helpful thing, hopefully doing that here for you is helping you feel a little better :)

The others are right, there is a path forward towards recovery, but maybe you just needed to express your frustration so I'll leave it here for now.  If you want to talk more of course let us know, always happy to help talk about recovery too.