Keeps coming back with a vengeance

I've been OK for a bit, getting on with life and Ignoring that horrible scenario when it comes knocking... But it's back again in full force. Yesterday and already most of this morning it's hit me really hard again and I've felt the rush of anxiety and distress throughout my body. 'it's real' is all I keep thinking, my body and the feelings are telling me it's true. I just need to vent a bit and I'm sorry I'm that broken record again. I'm just so panicked and scared :(

8 hours ago, Saz said:

I've been OK for a bit, getting on with life and Ignoring that horrible scenario when it comes knocking... But it's back again in full force. Yesterday and already most of this morning it's hit me really hard again and I've felt the rush of anxiety and distress throughout my body. 'it's real' is all I keep thinking, my body and the feelings are telling me it's true. I just need to vent a bit and I'm sorry I'm that broken record again. I'm just so panicked and scared :(

Hi Saz.

What I tell myself when things are tough is:

1 breath at a time

1 step at a time as I'm walking. 

I hope this helps. Might sound a bit simple but can really help, and you'll start to see a beacon of light. 

Andrew. 

Mornings your cortisol or stress hormones are high & serotonin is so very low.  So you obsess more. But knowing this you can make a plan for that time.  Like first have something to think about other than your obsessions.  

19 hours ago, Saz said:

It's a horrible vicious beast Saz. 

But when it hits you like this you have to not listen to it, not believe it not connect with it. 

It's like catch 22. If we do that, we actually make it stronger, and it will come more often. 

So yes you have done well ignoring it. But when it does come in stronger, so must you be. 

You need to build some resilience so you can box it on the nose and say boo to it. 

Time for a little bit of positive imagination. 

If we think we are stronger we will act stronger ?

So imagine yourself feeling strong and mentally calm, and when that old OCD beast :taz: does come along with its attempts to destabilise you, just think of that inner strength, don't go along with it and refocus away. 

As I found out myself, when we do this the illness begins to lose power and frequency.