Okay I know everyone's getting sick of me, I'm sick off me. 

I have another situation, I've been tagging items in work. I stabbed myself with the pin, it drew blood. All was fine I moved on with my life, I didnt think "what if someons already been stabbed with the needle".. An hour later, I find dried blood on an item and I've completely lost it. I have cuts on my hand and touched blood instantly washed my hands but I'm freaking out again. No surprise. 

Well I think you know what kind of responses you're going to get. The problem is sharing is good but at the same time bad. You've offloaded the problem onto the forum (and rightly so) but you're subtly looking for reassurance? Be honest with yourself. Reassurance is the worst thing for people with OCD - whatever the theme so as much as I sympathise I'm not giving you any.

Has nothing to do with HIV. Some people repeatedly come back after each obsession, wanting reassurance that everything is going to be oksy and also that no additional compulsions are needed. 

Yes but why HIV there are a lot of other diseases.

I bet it all stems from mid 80’s 90’s social hysteria about hiv. Because it wasn’t around before that. Therefore it is one of the new OCD themes. But it’s also easy to treat now. 

2 hours ago, Handy said:

Yes but why HIV there are a lot of other diseases.

I bet it all stems from mid 80’s 90’s social hysteria about hiv. Because it wasn’t around before that. Therefore it is one of the new OCD themes. But it’s also easy to treat now. 

Its not always HIV.  It can be cancer, or heart attack, or stroke, or any number of fears.  *why* is not important, and the treat-ability of the disease is also irrelevant.  A person with OCD doesn't suddenly stop worrying because you tell them "oh but its ok, if you get that we can treat it".  If it were that simple no one would have OCD.

10 hours ago, dksea said:

Its not always HIV.  It can be cancer, or heart attack, or stroke, or any number of fears.  *why* is not important, and the treat-ability of the disease is also irrelevant.  A person with OCD doesn't suddenly stop worrying because you tell them "oh but its ok, if you get that we can treat it".  If it were that simple no one would have OCD.

But people react to it whether they have OCD or not. 

Edited by Handy
Guest OCDhavenobrain

The absolute majority of people don't want to get HIV. It is a fear of many people. Sufferers or not.

Then there is likelihood, you could either try to get absokute certainty which won't happen or you could accept that you can't control your enviroments. Accepting germs is the key, your task is not to trying to get yourself into safety.