Is this a sign its not pocd when children appear on the tv

Guest OCDhavenobrain

First of all I am not sure I am getting this discussion. But I will trust Phil's words about you have been asking this before and that is all I need to know. You actually only need to ask a question 1 time and if you get answers that is enough. Not more, it is reassuranceseeking and I think you know it yourself

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very hard. What about other people such as Phil19? Much longer threads. Why have a preference for the disputer over the poster. Why pick on Charlie? Charlie was accused as being sneaky!

Edited by Angst
48 minutes ago, Angst said:

Hi  You have answered my question. About the Stanley knife confusion. And the evidence of your mother with regard to your mother calling the police about the mess and their reply to her.

Things happen. Set procedures are broken. Sometimes communication is unclear. Life has taught me that. I think lawyers will also testify to that.

I think it is matter of trust with regard to the therapist.

People on the fire escape stairs listening to the thoughts i have thats what i meant plus trust too i guess.

Yes. I think that it is not a compulsion but an obsession. A perception even. On the web page at the Maudsley of the unit which was recommended there is a quote from a woman who used the service. Called Dolly. I have met her on a number of occasions. She is an author and film maker and campaigner. If you ring the Lambeth and Southwark Mind and ask to speak to Jo. She should be able to put you in contact with Dolly. You could then talk through the trust issues. Or might do. Your discussion might lead you to trying out the service. Good luck. Give it a go.

Edited by Angst
Guest OCDhavenobrain
36 minutes ago, Charlie ocd said:

People on the fire escape stairs listening to the thoughts i have thats what i meant plus trust too i guess.

Wait do you mean that you think they can hear your thoughts?

Either way, stop engaging with the thoughts, no answer will satisfy. When it comes to being sneaky or not, everybody with OCD that wants reassurance can be a little bit "sneaky".

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

8 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Wait do you mean that you think they can hear your thoughts?

Either way, stop engaging with the thoughts, no answer will satisfy. When it comes to being sneaky or not, everybody with OCD that wants reassurance can be a little bit "sneaky".

Utter claptrap.

58 minutes ago, Charlie ocd said:

This statement right here suggests that Charlie's problem goes beyond OCD. We have raised this issue before. People on a fire escape listening to his thoughts? To me that is paranoia.

Hi Charlie. All these issues might be resolved by trying out the service at the Maudsley and I think talking with Dolly will help. Many of us with OCD have other problems as well. It is obviously your decision how you proceed. But I honestly think that you are tormenting yourself rather than being tormented. I could be wrong. But you have nothing to lose by trying the service. Have a good night.

Edited by Angst
Guest OCDhavenobrain

Yes I also want to add that suggestion, should have read your history before. If you hearing voices or feeling followed I would suggest you to seek a professional, which you should if it "just have OCD". But I do think here is more to this than just OCD. 

Good luck and please sseek a professional, nobody here can solve this. 

"Charlie" you know that if you used the username that got you hundreds and hundreds of responses in the last couple of years you'll get told to refer back to the answers you were given. Coming here with a different name is a way of getting more answers and subtle "reassurance". I'm not trying to embarrass you or undermine you but the reality is that you're asking the same questions in the same way as before plus your writing style is the same. If you want to start improving you might want to try and be a bit more honest.

I'm not picking on Charlie - I don't read every single post but my eye was drawn to his for several reasons + I've worked in journalism so have a grasp of people's writing styles. Sneaky was probably a poor word choice but I think my point was and is pretty clear. I know how awful OCD is believe me but I also know how manipulative I've been in the past to get the reassurance I wanted. It's addictive - you more you get, the more you want.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I don't think anyone is suggesting something mean, it is just how it is. When you really feel that your life depends on something you WILL most probably do what you need to get reassurance. But once again please seek help because I do think there is more in the equation than just mere OCD. 

11 hours ago, PolarBear said:

This statement right here suggests that Charlie's problem goes beyond OCD. We have raised this issue before. People on a fire escape listening to his thoughts? To me that is paranoia.

What i meant was people listening if i was talking to a therpist 

16 hours ago, Angst said:

Hi Charlie. All these issues might be resolved by trying out the service at the Maudsley and I think talking with Dolly will help. Many of us with OCD have other problems as well. It is obviously your decision how you proceed. But I honestly think that you are tormenting yourself rather than being tormented. I could be wrong. But you have nothing to lose by trying the service. Have a good night.

I found out im diagnosed with psychotic depression and my cpn says i hear voices but its never been like this before.Im hearing people outside the building everyday and neighbors underneath i have to keep earplugs in or headphones on.They call me names to do with my ocd but this thread isnt about that.

Then the recommended service is a good idea. It must be very frightening. I feel sympathy for you. All what psychotic means is having unusual experiences. A lot of people with OCD have depression. If the depression is very severe you can have symptoms or experiences similar to yours. You mention that you are going to take new anti depressants these could help lift the depression and hence the voices.

It is very frightening im terrified if i go out i beleave its really happening because i havent been acting right.My concentration is so bad i have been on clomipremen for just over a month now so it still hasnt had a chance to work.Ive lost count on how long i havent been out its been a long time.

Poor concentration is a feature of depression. You need to take small steps so begin in your flat. I found that when I experienced bad depression I had to compel to eat good food and take reasonable exercise. I think the more active you are the better. So time to spring clean your flat!

Guest OCDhavenobrain
1 hour ago, Angst said:

Then the recommended service is a good idea. It must be very frightening. I feel sympathy for you. All what psychotic means is having unusual experiences. A lot of people with OCD have depression. If the depression is very severe you can have symptoms or experiences similar to yours. You mention that you are going to take new anti depressants these could help lift the depression and hence the voices.

I really don't believe he should go after depression if he has psychosis. He should go to the doctor.

Charlie please go to the doctor, tomorrow! Best would be today.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
19 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

I really don't believe he should go after depression if he has psychosis. He should go to the doctor.

Charlie please go to the doctor, tomorrow! Best would be today.

I totally agree.

But if a cpn indicated a diagnosis.  Cpn stands for community psychiatric nurse. Then Charlie must be under a CMHT. The diagnosis must have been given by a psychiatrist in the CMHT. CMHT stands for Community Mental Heath Team. The recommended therapy is provided by the hospital which  runs the CMHT.

Moreover, the psychiatrist has prescribed anew medication. I might be wrong but this would be the procedure. Obviously only Charlie knows.

So what would happen if he goes to his GP. I imagine he would be referred to the CMHT.

On 09/06/2019 at 21:32, PhilM said:

"Charlie" you know that if you used the username that got you hundreds and hundreds of responses in the last couple of years you'll get told to refer back to the answers you were given. Coming here with a different name is a way of getting more answers and subtle "reassurance". I'm not trying to embarrass you or undermine you but the reality is that you're asking the same questions in the same way as before plus your writing style is the same. If you want to start improving you might want to try and be a bit more honest.

I asked the mods to deleate the other account permanently i cant log on with that account and look at the answers.I had such a bad time in hospital i wanted it deleated compleatly because i was using my phone while in hospital & the staff had it while it was getting charged.The relapse i had sent me back so many years it was like i had to start all over again.So yeah i could be asking the same questions but im really not aware i was seeking reassurance.I got a new answer on this thread telling me its a compulsion when i stare at the tv i didnt know that before.

Took me a while answering because this thread all got to much for me at the time

You have mentioned memory problems in this thread. And I attributed this to depression. And you did openly contact the Moderators. But if your offer from PICup is still in place then I would go for it.

On 16/06/2019 at 20:29, Angst said:

You have mentioned memory problems in this thread. And I attributed this to depression. And you did openly contact the Moderators. But if your offer from PICup is still in place then I would go for it.

Yeah concentration started going when i was hearing people outside the building all the time talking about me.I thought just use my headphones and i bought noise cancelling ones too then the concentration got worse.Ended up calling a gp saying i dont feel right in the head i was shaking badly in the mornings and sweating too heavy each night.

PICup is there but now i know people stay outside on the fire escape stairs next to my living room wall i told you already.And im sure you have to tell the therapist the thoughts im having there also adult male and female now.After the relapse its given me other themes to deal with.

The neagbors underneath are tormenting me all the time now i dont seem to get a break from them unless i listen to the radio.I dont beleave its this psychotic depression ive only just learnt im diagnosed with that recently.The neagbors are saying the things ive been doing and calling me names i want to move but i cant concentrate on doing it or communicate properly.

Your concentration is bound to deteriorate when you hear people talking about you.

If you were to play a recording to anybody of people saying nasty things about them then they too would have problems in concentrating.

Your shaking and sweating are anxiety or fear about the voices that you hear and I reckon you are scared that they might act on their bad opinion about you.

But I think that your diagnosis is right. Your untreated OCD has extended itself into depression and then psychotic depression. A quarter of people with deep clinical depression are diagnosed with psychotic depression.

Your obsessions have become ‘externalised’ into the voices of others. A question: when your CPN visits you does he or she hear the voices? Or do they remain silent during each visit?

In your threads under a different name you mentioned your neighbours talking about you. Also in another thread you mentioned that you mother’s neighbours were saying bad things.

Your have the perception of people talking about you - you hear them. Generally we trust what our senses tell us. We believe what we hear. We believe what we see.

So entertaining the idea that our senses are untrue is a very difficult thing to get your head around. Nobody should underestimate that.

That is why PICKup is I think a good option. You can negotiate step by step with the therapist about what you want to reveal. The first step is reality testing whether people on your landing can hear conversations within your flat.

I think CBT for voice hearing at PICKup is your best option together with your prescribed medication. After this therapy, with an appropriate pause, you can then do CBT for OCD. In your position it is what I would do.

On the positive side. You are sufficiently together to claim welfare and have money for rent and food. Your are contacting your GP and have the services of the CMHT. You need to at least contact PICKup and have the first visit. I really think that it is the best solution.

Edited by Angst