Is this a sign its not pocd when children appear on the tv

On 21/06/2019 at 19:47, Angst said:

Your concentration is bound to deteriorate when you hear people talking about you.

If you were to play a recording to anybody of people saying nasty things about them then they too would have problems in concentrating.

Your shaking and sweating are anxiety or fear about the voices that you hear and I reckon you are scared that they might act on their bad opinion about you.

But I think that your diagnosis is right. Your untreated OCD has extended itself into depression and then psychotic depression. A quarter of people with deep clinical depression are diagnosed with psychotic depression.

Your obsessions have become ‘externalised’ into the voices of others. A question: when your CPN visits you does he or she hear the voices? Or do they remain silent during each visit?

In your threads under a different name you mentioned your neighbours talking about you. Also in another thread you mentioned that you mother’s neighbours were saying bad things.

Your have the perception of people talking about you - you hear them. Generally we trust what our senses tell us. We believe what we hear. We believe what we see.

So entertaining the idea that our senses are untrue is a very difficult thing to get your head around. Nobody should underestimate that.

That is why PICKup is I think a good option. You can negotiate step by step with the therapist about what you want to reveal. The first step is reality testing whether people on your landing can hear conversations within your flat.

I think CBT for voice hearing at PICKup is your best option together with your prescribed medication. After this therapy, with an appropriate pause, you can then do CBT for OCD. In your position it is what I would do.

On the positive side. You are sufficiently together to claim welfare and have money for rent and food. Your are contacting your GP and have the services of the CMHT. You need to at least contact PICKup and have the first visit. I really think that it is the best solution.

Yes i am scared all the time by what im hearing and i do think i will get attacked or killed it is really happening what im hearing its not my depression.I havent been acting right i look away fast if i see children over my balcony so dont really look over the balcony then theres the windows near my lifts theres a school to the left.When i look out the window and see the kids i look away fast again because i feel very uncomfortable and ive heard the neighbors at there door watching me.

It was really worrying coming up to a benefits health assessment i couldnt fill in the form i just couldnt do it so my cpn did it.I have a different care coordinator now.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘Looking away fast’ seems like a compulsion. Not looking over the balcony strikes me to be avoidance. 

Hal in another thread mentioned advocacy. Advocacy is about trying to get what you want from an organisation. What do you want?

Edited by Angst

I do not have your theme. But what  helped  me enormously in understanding  my OCD was reading books. Two in particular Overcoming OCD and Break Free From OCD.  I used to stare at objects to make sure that they were switched off such as taps and switches. Perhaps  somebody can recommend a particular book  for you.

If you write down on paper what you want to achieve these become your goals. You can then discuss with an advocate how to achieve them. Rational behaviour  is setting  goals and determining the best way to achieve them.

On 30/07/2019 at 12:36, Angst said:

I do not have your theme. But what  helped  me enormously in understanding  my OCD was reading books. Two in particular Overcoming OCD and Break Free From OCD.  I used to stare at objects to make sure that they were switched off such as taps and switches. Perhaps  somebody can recommend a particular book  for you.

If you write down on paper what you want to achieve these become your goals. You can then discuss with an advocate how to achieve them. Rational behaviour  is setting  goals and determining the best way to achieve them.

I have a few ocd books it's just I'm hearing people talk about me calling me names everyday.i couldn't concentrate I need the earplugs in all the time.They really think I am a peado it scares the life out of me.

I have break free from ocd and overcoming obsessive thoughts.

Edited by Charlie ocd

I thought that this might be the case when I  mentioned reading books.

People might think all sorts of things about you. But I doubt, if day and night, they are talking about you.

I have volunteered with mental health charities for many years because it helped me with my own mental health issues. I was chairman of an innovative charity for a number of years and  as they say ‘hands on’.

Do you think changing accommodation would solve you problems?

Edited by Angst
14 minutes ago, Angst said:

I thought that this might be the case when I  mentioned reading books.

People might think all sorts of things about you. But I doubt, if day and night, they are talking about you.

I have volunteered with mental health charities for many years because it helped me with my own mental health issues. I was chairman of an innovative charity for a number of years and  as they say ‘hands on’.

Do you think changing accommodation would solve you problems?

I do want to move but I cant even sort that out.I just tried reading one of those books I wasn't taking it in properly.i was reading it but not remembering it.

Hearing people say these things makes me think I am one.

No. But just to repeat do you think that it is likely that people are constantly talking about you and you can hear them? I do not see that you have a thing to lose by having at least one visit from a member of PICuP. What does your CPN, care coordinator and psychiatrist say?

54 minutes ago, Angst said:

No. But just to repeat do you think that it is likely that people are constantly talking about you and you can hear them? I do not see that you have a thing to lose by having at least one visit from a member of PICuP. What does your CPN, care coordinator and psychiatrist say?

Yes its through the day people outside at night it's better but I can still hear people.Its really happening i also hear the neighbor's underneath.i think i do need to see someone other than the care coordinator.when she's at mine my mind goes blank I dont communicate properly I feel dumb when she's talking to me.

I haven't spoken to the psychiatrist yet and this care coordinator hasn't mentioned cbt yet.Shes away for a week I can only talk to duty.she did ask me what the thoughts were and I replied I thought I would of told a therapist that.

2 hours ago, Angst said:

You could mention the thoughts to a therapist at PICuP.

Ok angst I said I think I need to see a psychiatrist or therapist to my old cpn.He sent the email to the treatment team I'm now under.They have a psychologist in there team.

3 hours ago, Charlie ocd said:

Ok angst I said I think I need to see a psychiatrist or therapist to my old cpn.He sent the email to the treatment team I'm now under.They have a psychologist in there team.

Sensible to do. You can then decide what to do with the psychologist.

NHS criteria for OCD, which you can look up, requires that the person take full responsibility for their thoughts, accepting they are their own & not caused by outside influences, e.g. “voices.”  So visit a professional & get this sorted. 

12 hours ago, Handy said:

NHS criteria for OCD, which you can look up, requires that the person take full responsibility for their thoughts, accepting they are their own & not caused by outside influences, e.g. “voices.”  So visit a professional & get this sorted. 

Ok thanks im not quiet sure where to find it but thanks

Hi Charlie,

I know how terrible and painful these episodes with OCD are, and being scared they won’t pass, but they do...it’s important with how you’re feeling at the moment to remember that. If you really feel you may do something silly tho’ you must do the right thing to take care of yourself...by as Malina suggested earlier in the week getting in touch with the Samaritans. Or if you need immediate help you must make your way to your closest A&E, or give your GP and CC a call explaining absolutely honestly how badly you feel today and need immediate support, will you do that for me?

You’re obviously in the grips of the OCD, but remember Polar Bear’s great summation that the disorder is always a liar. However real and scary the thoughts feel they are intrusive..if you didn’t suffer with OCD they’d pop up and  also disappear just as quickly again.

I know you’re also concerned you told your CC your fears...please try not to worry. If they’re not fully up to speed with the disorder I know the charity will step in and help resolve it for you, as it has for other people who’ve found themselves in the same situation. It’s important to bear in mind tho’ that when we’re really anxious we tend to automatically go to the worst case scenario, 9/10 everything works out fine.

You’re obviously feeling overwhelmed with everything...try for the next couple of hours to look after yourself and work on getting the anxiety down...is there something you could do to help with that?

Could you play some tracks, maybe a computer game, anything so long as it allows you to focus on it rather than the thoughts.

Please take care of yourself, there is always support here for you at any time.

2 hours ago, Hal said:

Hi Charlie,

I know how terrible and painful these episodes with OCD are, and being scared they won’t pass, but they do...it’s important with how you’re feeling at the moment to remember that. If you really feel you may do something silly tho’ you must do the right thing to take care of yourself...by as Malina suggested earlier in the week getting in touch with the Samaritans. Or if you need immediate help you must make your way to your closest A&E, or give your GP and CC a call explaining absolutely honestly how badly you feel today and need immediate support, will you do that for me?

You’re obviously in the grips of the OCD, but remember Polar Bear’s great summation that the disorder is always a liar. However real and scary the thoughts feel they are intrusive..if you didn’t suffer with OCD they’d pop up and  also disappear just as quickly again.

I know you’re also concerned you told your CC your fears...please try not to worry. If they’re not fully up to speed with the disorder I know the charity will step in and help resolve it for you, as it has for other people who’ve found themselves in the same situation. It’s important to bear in mind tho’ that when we’re really anxious we tend to automatically go to the worst case scenario, 9/10 everything works out fine.

You’re obviously feeling overwhelmed with everything...try for the next couple of hours to look after yourself and work on getting the anxiety down...is there something you could do to help with that?

Could you play some tracks, maybe a computer game, anything so long as it allows you to focus on it rather than the thoughts.

Please take care of yourself, there is always support here for you at any time.

I have been calling the mental health today quiet a lot telling them how Im feeling.im getting assessed tomorrow I might call for an ambulance I'm shaking as I'm typing this.i really dont want to go in hospital but I'm not coping with everything.

Yeah I remember that what was said about ocd always lying to us.im really scared everyone outside calling me these names everyday.Im scared about how I'm feeling.

Thanks for your support hal I am very worried about what I told the cc.i dont know what she's going to do now.i dont know what I'm doing.

I think if you’re not coping, maybe getting some more care and support at hospital might be the right thing to do today.

As I said earlier tho, please try not worry about your CC...if she has got the wrong end of the stick the charity will be able to step-in and sort it out for you. All that’s important for now is keeping yourself safe, the staff at hospital will be able to help you do that until you’re feeling a bit better in yourself.