Spitted in the face?

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Guest OCDhavenobrain

So it became a thread after all. 

Was out cycling and it qas blowing directly on me and there is this guy spitting, I think, I also think that it could have hit my face because I feelt something under my nose. 

I will not lie I did some googling both about the possibility and the severity crimewise. 

I think it could be considered gross by a lot of you.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

I would feel revulsion, but not obsessively. After all, the cyclist wasn't deliberately spitting in my face, it was accidental. 

I wouldn't feel any risk attached to this. That would be contamination OCD I imagine. 

Why? Well people kiss and don't feel risk or revulsion if they French kiss. 

And Rugby players in a scrum must accidentally acquire spit, but don't fear it, do they? 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

The thing is I don't know if I got spit in my face but he was walking and I come cycling and I remember looking at his back because he had one of those shirts with text. But it was blowing towards me and I think he spitted, and I do think there come some "mist". Well, I will admit that I did some googling. 

I find it gross and feel offended. Will try my best here now but I was doing really good and overall pretty calm beside being a little sick. Wow great

Edit: From calm to psychosis 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
1 hour ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

I also think that it could have hit my face because I feelt something under my nose. 

this quote indicates to me a total OCD moment--thinking it 'may' have hit because you felt 'something'

we come cross spit all the time and it doesn't matter. what about when people are talking and accidentally spit. Doesn't matter.

You seem triggered by seeing the spitting and i can relate as i get triggered by body stuff too, so what one person wouldn't think twice about it, we can get caught on them.

Try to get back on track, as you say you are doing very well overall!

Guest OCDhavenobrain
Just now, leif said:

this quote indicates to me a total OCD moment--thinking it 'may' have hit because you felt 'something'

we come cross spit all the time and it doesn't matter. what about when people are talking and accidentally spit. Doesn't matter.

You seem triggered by seeing the spitting and i can relate as i get triggered by body stuff too, so what one person wouldn't think twice about it, we can get caught on them.

Try to get back on track, as you say you are doing very well overall!

Hi Leif, thanks. 

It is not the first time I feel revulsion when out and seeing someone spit. I find it gross. I came cycling he was going infront of me, let us say 10 meters but it was blowing directly towards me. I saw him and saw his shirt with text so I just thought that he was a gangmember and then I dooo think I saw him spitting and then feelt something under my nose, also like a mist. 

3 hours ago, went  to a forest and googled like crazy. Also did calculations like crazy. 

Going from a overall good and calm place, even if a little sick, to TOTAL PSCYHOSIS (aware of it not being psychosis).

Thanks to you both, wow. 

I’m sorry that you feel uncomfortable. And yes, getting spit on you is something I would consider a little gross too. But the amount of energy that you are putting in to it is not good. There’s no need to Google something like that, especially if you aren’t even sure it happened. There’s no need to continue dwelling on it. Remember, part of overcoming OCD is learning how to respond in a more normal fashion to triggering events. That will often mean challenging your OCD driven reactions and behaviors and making yourself respond differently. You will fee resistance, but that resistance is what you need to push through, it’s what leads to change and recovery. 

12 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Going from a overall good and calm place, even if a little sick, to TOTAL PSCYHOSIS (aware of it not being psychosis).

yes it can spiral so fast when we start going down that compulsion route. I'm sure we can all relate.

Try your best to just move on, not pushing away the feeling of revulsion and anxiety, but also not doing any more compulsions around it. 

Just move along with your day...

I don't like seeing or hearing people spit either. The other day i was out walking and heard someone spit behind me and i was wondering i it could have hit me, but i did soon forget about it.

I think i automatically forgot to do compulsions as i was busy with something else. so as always, the less compulsions  the better--it will help you let it go!

Guest OCDhavenobrain
7 minutes ago, leif said:

yes it can spiral so fast when we start going down that compulsion route. I'm sure we can all relate.

Try your best to just move on, not pushing away the feeling of revulsion and anxiety, but also not doing any more compulsions around it. 

Just move along with your day...

I don't like seeing or hearing people spit either. The other day i was out walking and heard someone spit behind me and i was wondering i it could have hit me, but i did soon forget about it.

I think i automatically forgot to do compulsions as i was busy with something else. so as always, the less compulsions  the better--it will help you let it go!

It is a very good point you have when you say that I have to NOT push it away, that is a really good point from you. I can see how I am trying to push away from it and trying to find a place where I am totally safe. 

I am always frightful because of the same reason when I see it happen. 

Thank you, everybody. I will do my best now because I did very bad for 2-3 hours.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
18 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Thank you, everybody. I will do my best now because I did very bad for 2-3 hours

Yes, and don't get down about the 2-3 hours spiraling out. Just pick yourself up and move on. I know i often have to go through a period of spiraling before i can get back on track!

Hope you're feeling better now @OCDhavenobrain. Honestly I'd be grossed out and offended too, I just think this kind of behaviour is really rude. Nevertheless, you know that your reaction was exaggerated and that the googling was a compulsion. As long as you're aware of this and ready to get back on track, that is good. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain
27 minutes ago, malina said:

Hope you're feeling better now @OCDhavenobrain. Honestly I'd be grossed out and offended too, I just think this kind of behaviour is really rude. Nevertheless, you know that your reaction was exaggerated and that the googling was a compulsion. As long as you're aware of this and ready to get back on track, that is good. 

I do agree, spit someone in the face is repulsive. That is why I really don't want it to be true. So I analyzed how much spit it requires for someone to have been spitted in the face and so on.  I mean if someone did it I would go to the police and I hope that I also would confront. 

Sorry that I can't give any more clearcut view on it and that is what is scary, that you (who should know best) don't seem to know. 

Thanks

You have to stop trying to work it out, havenobrain. 

Leave it be, it's just an unpleasant experience, it need not occupy centre spot in your thinking. 

Let it go, and get on with your life. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Yes, I will do that. 

One has to fathom the pattern there seems to be with all of us, we are getting triggered and then BOOM. Total unawareness of anything than the threat, I can say that I am not aware when I get in that mode. Total focus on the panic. I think you could say we seem to have something in common here. Crazy, maybe even bordering to the unfathomable. 

Thanks, everybody. 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
23 minutes ago, Handy said:

What are you referring to when you say ‘severity crime wise?’

Wouldn't that be seeking to find out if a criminal offence had been committed?