Hi everyone,, 

just wondered why having ocd makes us so low and unhappy, I have real moments of utter despair, no confidence , my husband is so fed up with me, and doesn’t want to give me any encouragement. I just want to cry all the time. Sorry for a depressing post.xx

Hey Madchoc,

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Of course I've felt the same and do a lot of the time. I suffer mainly from harm related OCD and, at times, these worries have left me feeling so unsafe and afraid of being alone. I would also like to have a family of my own fairly soon and sometimes wonder if I'm capable of it. It sometimes feels as though this illness is taking away parts of who I am and it's horrible.

BUT we can't let it, we have the power to say no and to fight because this life is all we have. I think you have to start fighting back a bit more, you may not feel strong but you can surprise yourself if you try. I also think that if you take some steps towards getting better, your husband would see that you're trying and would be more positive and understanding. 

Stay strong Madchoc, you're not alone xx 

1 hour ago, Madchoc said:

Thank you Malina, I’m sure you’re right, thanks for being there. Xx

I think you should try to make some changes, maybe set yourself some small goals everyday where you expose yourself to something or do something towards your recovery. Is there anything specific that you can think of?

I realise it’s not really rational, but I cannot get rid of this fear, my husband gets our little dogs poop up, and because it’s rained so much and the poop is wet, I’m so scared and anxious that it may somehow touch my husbands top, and then if he comes into the bedroom later, ( I usually go to bed before him) his top could touch the pillow on the bed or the duvet, my heart is racing just writing this, I’m so sorry but feel so so scared. What can I do????? Xx

Edited by Madchoc
Spelling
4 minutes ago, Madchoc said:

I realise it’s not really rational, but I cannot get rid of this fear, my husband gets our little dogs poop up, and because it’s rained so much and the poop is wet, I’m so scared and anxious that it may somehow touch my husbands top, and then if he comes into the bedroom later, ( I usually go to bed before him) his top could touch the pillow on the bed or the duvet, my heart is racing just writing this, I’m so sorry but feel so so scared. What can I do????? Xx