semen contamination

So, one night I jerked off, changed my underwear to a pair of pants I had, so a bit of semen probably got on these pants. One day I went out, didn't have any clean laundry (OCD kind of makes me lose sight of normal things), so I put these on as they were like the only thing available.

As I was getting out of the car, the metal part of the seat belt rubbed across my crotch. So, perhaps it touched some semen. I had meant to go out into the car and clean the metal part with soap, but I didn't, and today my mom was in that seat and so that part of the buckle potentially touched her clothes.

I feel the need to say something, like - I feel like if I don't say something it's akin to rape because my semen could have made contact with her. I'm so bothered by this but I also don't want to say anything because I might just make it worse.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

" confessed out of desperation, got that release of endorphins."

What can you do this time? If I was you maybe I would consider getting my life in under so I had clean clothes because that is what a normal person would value, instead of occasional and highly arbitrary events.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Hey Ryukil,

you keep writing about wanting to do ERP and exposures but this is the moment, this is your exposure. The anxiety is meant to be there right now, if it wasn't there, this wouldn't be a worthwhile task in overcoming OCD. You know that if you confess, you'll get temporary relief and be on to the next worry in no time. You can do this!

4 hours ago, Ryukil said:

So, one night I jerked off, changed my underwear to a pair of pants I had, so a bit of semen probably got on these pants. One day I went out, didn't have any clean laundry (OCD kind of makes me lose sight of normal things), so I put these on as they were like the only thing available.

As I was getting out of the car, the metal part of the seat belt rubbed across my crotch. So, perhaps it touched some semen. I had meant to go out into the car and clean the metal part with soap, but I didn't, and today my mom was in that seat and so that part of the buckle potentially touched her clothes.

I feel the need to say something, like - I feel like if I don't say something it's akin to rape because my semen could have made contact with her. I'm so bothered by this but I also don't want to say anything because I might just make it worse.

Ryukil, OCD's more contaminating than anything you can come up with, get a grip. Excuse the puns, but not the advice. 

• Ashley changed the title to semen contamination
Guest OCDhavenobrain

So the exact same question as before. Sorry but nothing will change if you behave the same

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Yes. It says in the Bible, Thou shalt not put semen on seatbelts.

What you are doing is asking for reassurance. OCD is making you doubt what you should do, so you rely on others. This can't go on. 

With OCD, the best course of action is no action at all.

Say nothing. Saying anything in this context is feeding your obsession. Nice line from PolarBear. Plus -believe me-people especially your Mom don’t want to know. It’s not important.

1 hour ago, Ryukil said:

Is it morally wrong to not say anything?

It's more dishonest (and selfish) to say something. It's just a silly disorder talking ... and a need for you to find relief. (Those damn puns!) :;

6 hours ago, PolarBear said:

Geez Handy! Really?

Beyond the fact that is deprivation of an entirely natural experience, it would be a compulsion called avoidance.

Yeah, that'll do it.

Absolutely, a preposterous, and more to the point, clueless suggestion. 

Edited by paradoxer

Good- the "trying to figure out" is a classic. You'll lose hours to this. As others have said- your OCD is giving you an overblown sense of responsibility with this. I get it- I've had some similar issues, I still do some days. You've got to trust everyone. It's clear to us that it's OCD. Treat it like any other intrusive thought.

Edited by Binxy
Can't type :-(
Guest OCDhavenobrain

You will confess and you will feel better than you will come here qith another "concern". How long will it go on?