Absence of a break

I've just finished my a levels and i'm off on holiday tomorrow with my best friend. Ocd has been present but on the side due to exam stress but it's progressively gotten worse. Does OCD 'turn up the heat' if you will when you want to have a good time and not allow it to be ruined by intrusive thoughts? I don't want to have my holiday ruined, going on holiday with a female alone fills me will anxiety recently. Is this my OCD or is this just me?

Yes OCD can do that, and I had a similar problem when I just wanted to chill out on hols. OCD likes a vacuum, it will do its best to fill it. 

I learned to build structure into my days on holiday, and just note any intrusion then gently but firmly refocus away. Work at this until it becomes a default way of dealing, and you will weaken the OCD and regain control. 

Not sure why you feel anxiety at going on hols with your best female pal. What's underpinning that concern? 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Sometimes we ask ourselves if a stressful period can make it worse. Another time we ask ourselves if rest can make it worse. Anything can make OCD worse. Instead of trying to fins pattern we need to accept that we are having it and trying to intervene.