Just wanting a bit of advice regarding OCD

I have been under alot of pressure lately since January, and things seem to not be getting any better.  I am trying my best to be positive but my ocd has gone in to overdrive and other ideas.  I've just found out my nephew also has a two week wait, and hes alot younger than me.... thing is when I found this out I was shocked but also relieved that hes getting seen too and also because I feel like I'm not alone in this worrying game, although he's not worrying he's really laid back and couldn't care less.  Now I am aware of what I have felt and I feel bad to the point that my OCD is making me out to be a monster! I am not a monster, i am just so stressed and just want this year to be ok....i dont want any more stresses! I hope me and my nephew are absolutely fine and then we can both chill.... Why is my OCD being so critical its making me feel really low and depressed and I hate it.  I left my sisters feeling a little bit happier and optimistic because i was distracted and we had a laugh, now my ocd is running wild saying I'm evil etc etc.  I just can't win! 

Please advise on this and how to stop these critical thoughts.  I want the best for my nephew, bloody heck i love him....I just felt relieved that I'm not alone, is that bad? Please help me ?

15 hours ago, oetegenn1976 said:

Please advise on this and how to stop these critical thoughts.  I want the best for my nephew, bloody heck i love him....I just felt relieved that I'm not alone, is that bad? Please help me ?

Hi.  My advice is to not try and stop them. Let them be there. Make room for them. 

For me when I dealt with such thoughts, I would find that if tried to convince/reassure  myself I wasn't such and such, my brain in x amount of time would respond "but what about .....?" Or "but what if...?" 

To recover, I used responses like " yep I'm a monster"  "I'm the worst monster in the world"  Or just let the thoughts come and go. Let them pass in and out of your mind. 

It's super uncomfortable and will be an emotional up and down roller coaster ride.  But worth doing, coz  your other option is a life of doubt, reassurance, doubt, reassurance, doubt........

On 20/06/2019 at 04:19, oetegenn1976 said:

Please advise on this and how to stop these critical thoughts.

Unfortunately the harder you try to "stop" a thought, the more stuck it becomes because it trying to stop it just means you are paying more attention to it.  Try to let the thoughts go, to just let them be there and recognize you don't need to respond to them.  They are just garbage, just background noise thats turned up a little too loud by accident.  Do your best to refocus on other things and get on with your day. 

On 20/06/2019 at 04:19, oetegenn1976 said:

I want the best for my nephew, bloody heck i love him....I just felt relieved that I'm not alone, is that bad?

Of course you do, thats why the OCD thoughts bother you so much.  Work on reminding yourself that what OCD is telling you is garbage, its meaningless thoughts, you don't have to listen to it.

And no there is nothing at all wrong with feeling relief at finding other people who can relate to you.  It doesn't mean you wish them ill.  I was relieved when I first met other people like me, when I found more such people on this forum, etc.

I'm feeling really bad with worry today, just waiting for that appointment is doing my head in....i just cant stop thinking the worst.  And i know its not helping and its not going to change anything but it just wont go....