Worrying heavily about bad things happening before a planned trip

Now granted I know the main thing is don’t think this way it probably won’t happen chances are slim to none, but I’m worried that when I plan a trip that everytime I plan ahead someone I’m going with that I’m expecting to be there will suddenly have something happen to them or they will have something happen to someone close to them meaning they can’t go, or is it all just overthinking because I’m excited for the trip   

OCD demands that we feel 100% certainty about our worries, something thats impossible.  None of us know the future, as you said its unlikely something drastic will happen each and every time you plan your trip, but you can never be 100% certain.  Part of overcoming OCD is learning to accept uncertainty.  Maybe something will go wrong, maybe your friend won't be able to join you, maybe your plans will be ruined this time.  Its unfortunate, but it happens.  One way to avoid that is to never plan a trip, but that means you never go on a trip.  Doesn't seem like its worth the tradeoff to me.  OCD's demands are unreasonable.  To beat it you have to stop playing by OCD's rules.