Just wondering if its at all normal to not want to be near your children or partner when your extremely stressed and anxious. 

I had a really bad day today, and as I got the kids home from school and was tidying up and doing tea, whilst also feeling like absolute ****, cos of the stress I'm under at the min.  I felt really anxious with my kids and hubby like I didnt want to be with them..... I love them all and obviously feeling this way made me even worse! 

I actually broke down to my hubby and said I need to go to my mums and stay there, he was really supportive,  so here I am at my mums sleeping over, and dont feel anxious at all....until tomorrow again probably.

Can OCD make you feel like you dont want to be with loved ones! I feel guilty. But also think i needed the break!

OCD can do all kinds of things, and is typically made worse when we are feeling stressed. 

If we can take control of the stress, then at the same time we will be rebuilding some resilience to help us to tackle the OCD. 

So maybe discuss with your hubby what your stresses are and what you might do about them, then look to Impliment the best ideas. 

My hubby knows what my stresses are, its all due to waiting for a 2ww that I've been referred too.  And I'm going out of my mind, because I suffer with health anxiety and keep thinking the worst case scenario.  

Hi there. 

Just took a look at some of your previous content so now understand. 

Challenging those catastrophic thoughts is one way to deal with this. 

OCD will always follow a worst case scenario, but why should the worse happen? Real life doesn't work like that, it works on maybes, maybe nots - and with those outlooks people can take the stance your nephew is. 

I did this myself a few years back. I had a two week referral for a procedure to check for cancer. My doctor didn't think it was, but needed to have it checked. 

I  used to worry about all sorts of things. But I worked hard psychologically and managed to overcome that. 

So with this two weeks, I applied that thinking. I put it out of my mind, and was only a tad concerned, on the day, to make sure I kept alert so I didn't misunderstand the procedures. 

The results were clear. 

Last year my wife was ill and we had two speedy referrals, and I helped her challenge her health phobias and keep busy on other things whilst waiting. 

Did I worry she had something terminal? 

I thought she might, but I was calm, adopting a "whatever will be will be approach", which worked well. For me, there was no purpose in worry, it would only make me ill. 

The checks came back with diagnoses of conditions which needed to be managed with medication. Julie has improved well and the meds are great. 

Taking the worst case approach, as per your OCD, just makes you anxious and feeling ill. 

Don't look to carry out compulsions like Googling - compulsions only make things worse. 

Try taking that "maybe, maybe not" approach that has served us so well. 

Edited by taurean