After therapy I had a great few months and just one memory of past mistakes andbrain lock again

Its the same old cycle of the brain giving me so called evidence to my core belief I'm a vile person, not here to churn what I've churned out a million times, 

Just here because I'm feeling quite lost again,I'm resisting googling, seeking reaurance and confessing to my partner but having a tough time in these choppy waters atm, so here's to us fighters hey, when will we ever have peace. 

Hey there,

I had a nasty blip last week, it’s so easy to get drawn back into the cycle again isn’t it, but you’re stronger than the disorder battle, always remember that...as you say we’re all fighters.  I know how hard this is, god do I know...but if you can keep digging deep and refuse to carry out any compulsions you’ll get beyond these choppy waters again, but you must try to hold firm on this and keep your eyes fixed on your long term goal here to beat this thing.

Try to take it an hour at a time if needs be, don’t think too far ahead, try to focus on the task in hand and the urges and anxiety will fade and fall again.

You can do this.

I know how difficult it is but those thoughts are not reflective of you as a person and they aren't for me either.

OCD can wax and wane in my experience - it's the nature of the beast unfortunately.

Try and remember, if you can, the following which was written by a real pioneer of CBT Claire Weekes: "They are only thoughts and no-one need ever be bluffed by a thought." I know it's not that simple when we're getting a battering from OCD but it is true.

I wish you well, Phil.

Edited by PhilM