Support group ideas

I feel I'm in a pretty good place at the moment in terms of OCD and other issues I've faced in the last couple of years. In some respects I'd say OCD is more manageable than it's ever been. I've been thinking recently about setting up a support group in Cardiff.

As far as I know there's no specific peer-to-peer support group for OCD in Cardiff or the surrounding area although I might be wrong. If there IS one please reply to this post with the details for my own benefit and for a couple of people I know.  I'd also be interested to know if people who live in South Wales feel there is demand so to speak for a group.

I have a fair idea of the structure of a group, "rules", "yays and nays", appropriate settings etc. and would follow OCD-UK guidelines as I would hope it would be endorsed by the charity.

What I'm hoping for is that someone in Cardiff or near by might be interested in getting involved in this with me - I don't see myself as the main facilitator or "leader" but as someone who is pretty good when it comes to organising things with help from others.

I'm also hoping users of this forum and members of OCD-UK will give me some guidance in terms of what they see as being a good model for a support group.

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Best wishes, Phil

@PhilM - You may want to look for and contact mental health providers (psychiatrists/therapists) in your area to see about any existing support groups they know of, or alternatively to assist you in setting one up and advertising it to their patients.  I imagine there are a lot of people out there dealing with OCD who don't stumble across forums like this but would still be interested in the idea.

Best of luck!

Sounds great. First find a meeting place with chairs. It could be a coffee shop. Plan a day like first Saturday of each month & a time. A local church might give you space.