Hi everyone, As you probably know I have contamination OCD, I have managed to get some private therapy starting on Wednesday, my husband is getting so angry with me at the moment, he is getting so frustrated with me and OCD, can anyone relate to this please. Thanks Xx

40 minutes ago, Madchoc said:

My ocd, and when I ask him to help me or wipe something I can’t touch which to be fair can be a lot on bad days. X

Okay so what do you think you can do to make the situation better?

Hi Malina, thanks for replying, I know that I cannot keep asking for things to be wiped before I touch them. I just fold up with fear. Logically I know it’s not needed, but the panic is horrible.This morning there was something small and black on the hall carpet, and I trod on it, it triggered my fear it could be dog poop or bird poop trod in , to top it off my vacuum cleaner has broken. Anyway I had to ask him to wipe my foot , he went mad and threw things , I cried forever it seemed. He said he is just so frustrated with me and ocd. X

I think you know you have to stop doing these compulsions but this is a very big task. You need to start with something small and manageable and build up from there. Maybe the first step for you would be to stop including your husband in these compulsions, how does that sound as a start?