Taking A Little Time Off The Main Boards

I am pretty busy at the moment, which is great. 

And others are giving excellent advise to which I can't add. 

So I am easing off from the main OCD-UK discussion forums for a bit, though I will keep involved on the non-OCD members only area. 

Meanwhile everyone, remember - success can follow when we learn how OCD works and how to tackle it (C - cognitive side), put into practice what we learn by changing our thinking and behavioural responses (B - behavioural side) and gradually ease down and lose our OCD-caused anxiety, using CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy). 

Keeping belief in, and connecting with, our obsessional thinking will only ever strengthen it, as to does the resultant carrying out of compulsions. 

But by changing our thinking, changing our behavioural response to our obsessions, we can change our lives. 

I am also looking forward to the forthcoming OCD-UK annual conference, which this year will be taking place in my new hometown of Northampton, and just a short bus ride from our retirement home. 

I will look forward to saying hello to any of my forum friends who are able to attend. 

All the best. 

Roy 

Wow :ohmy: Roy, I never expected that coming :no: I've only just found the strength to rejoin the forum again after so long away and my dear friend is leaving :( over the time being here so much as changed and dear friends go snowdog, snowbear and now you. You will be sadly missed Roy, you bring so much to this forum and are such a great asset which I have said on numerous occasions with lots of words of wisdom and advice and you have helped so many of us here. It won't be the same without you Roy:king: miss the good old days in chat we had so many laughs :yes: a shame it had to come to a end, we all got to know each other.

Take care and enjoy life to the max you deserve it, hopefully see you at conference, bestest wishes to both you and j, lost x 

I agree with Lost Roy - in many ways your the backbone of these forums. I think this Forum needs regulars who stick around and share their knowledge. its great people get better and move on - that's the aim of the boards but its nice when others stay around and maybe re-pay the kindness shown to them and help out others you have done lots on that score. 

Glad you will at least stick around in the members area to discuss a lot of non OCD related topics, the shambles of brexit for example.

Take care,

don't be away too long. 

Hi Roy,

I just wanted to tell you that you've been such a massive help on my journey with your advice and kind words. I wish you the best and hope to see you around here every now and again :yes:

I agree these boards will be a much sorrier place without you Roy :( you are the backbone of the forum and can always be relied upon to be compassionate, patient and above all knowledgeable. You have certainly done your time though and you've more than earned some time to yourself!

See you soon in the members' area :) 

Yes I think some time out for good behaviour is in order :D

Julie was just saying that it won't be long until Autumn, and we are keen to get some small projects finished in our gardens, get out and see a little more of the town and environs, and there is lots of TV music and more meals out for us to enjoy, now she is feeling a lot better. 

Plus I want to get several more fishing trips in - there is another location near Leamington Spa for me to explore. 

In the autumn there will be the Northampton theatres to visit, as they are on the main entertainment circuit. Plus the town's football and rugby union clubs will be playing again. 

And more of the history of the town to explore - roman origins, quarrying, Castle, churches ironmaking, shoes - of course, and brewing - there is a major Carlsberg brewery here. 

Thanks for the kind words - I think it's a job well done for me, and time to hand over the baton for a while. 

Bless you Roy, you deserve the very best of everything :) Enjoy and live it to the fullest, be happy and be free :yes:

Hopefully one day I can find the confidence like before and follow in your footsteps, wise, compassionate, knowledgeable and caring.You should be very proud of yourself, you've been a godsend to this forum and to me.

Take care my friend, be happy x

Thanks for all the support and advice you've offered. I've really appreciated it 

And good for you for being able to take a step back and put your energy into other places that you are wanting to! 

Sounds like you know how to enjoy life :) 

Hi Roy :)

We are going to miss you so much :heart:. Your words are always full of wise advise. Have a great time enjoying your projects and activities. 

I send you a big HU:hug::hug::hug:

Oh Roy, 

I have only been on this form for a short time and you have been suck an inspiration to me. 

I hope you enjoy a well earned break. Hopefully see you back on here one day, for the right reasons of course ?

X x x

Hi Roy,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for everything. You have helped me and countless others so much. You have been there for me when I really needed help and guidance.

Enjoy and hopefully see you around here soon. 

All my best wishes,

Em xxx

Guest OCDhavenobrain

You are one of the most compassionate member on here, that mixed with great knowledge is a supercombo!

Hope you are doing fine.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Thanks both. I am topping up my fishing skills, and we are finishing work on our gardens and getting out and about. 

I had forgotten how beautiful the Midlands countryside is, and there are pretty sand or grey stone villages (stone was quarried locally) with wonderful pubs and restaurants - all to be explored. 

• 2 years later...