I'm sorry to hear that petal :( 

things can get better though. Keep resisting those compulsions. You will have good days and bad days, but bit by bit things will improve. You're feeling bad now but you won't always feel this way. Hang in there x

Thank you sweetheart.

i haven’t had an official medical OCD diagnosis but during therapy a couple of  years ago this was discovered. At the end of the therapy the scores for the OCD test were less so the therapist said that I hadn’t the symptoms any longer. Obvs a successful therapy bout.

Now I’m thinking well if it was cured is this now even OCD??? I’m really distressed.

Youve really helped me this week and I have not despite my desperation mentioned the again? Went to best friends house weds who we were out with and even resisted checking with her. Although she had mentioned previously no point asking me anything about sat night, can’t remember anything - drink hey!!!

I don't think you can really be "cured" from OCD, it's a chronic condition, it can come and go, but you can learn to manage it. When you're describing is def OCD. It sounds like you're doing well with the compulsions though!

20 hours ago, malina said:

I don't think you can really be "cured" from OCD, it's a chronic condition, it can come and go, but you can learn to manage it. When you're describing is def OCD. It sounds like you're doing well with the compulsions though!

Cured? Depends on your definition of cure.

I am now about five years free of suffering. I get an occasional intrusive thought, just like everyone does. I don't get the surge of anxiety from the thoughts. And I don't do compulsions. I do not suffer. Is that cured?

1 minute ago, PolarBear said:

Cured? Depends on your definition of cure.

I am now about five years free of suffering. I get an occasional intrusive thought, just like everyone does. I don't get the surge of anxiety from the thoughts. And I don't do compulsions. I do not suffer. Is that cured?

I'm not trying to make some sort of point about whether OCD can be cured or not, perhaps my phrasing was misleading. The OP has said that she has been through therapy and symptoms disappeared and they have now reappeared, but she believed that she had been cured and is now doubting that this is OCD to begin with. I was trying to point out that the pattern of symptoms can reappear throughout your life, that going through therapy doesn't necessarily mean that you will be symptom free forever and that, if symptoms do reappear, you shouldn't doubt that it is OCD because it is a chronic condition. 

Ah yes, well put in that context you are quite right. Many people do experience flare ups.

I woke up this morning following a weird sexual dream, I just batted it off as that and haven’t thought anymore about it. Had an early night, no excitement or drinking!

But why didn’t I get that, or wasn’t 💯 sure of that when I had the same last Sunday when I woke up with (not sure if it was a dream or thought re having been fing£@d on night out with partner).

Do you think it was because the alcohol was there so a doubt? I woke up with the dizziness etc. But could that have been the effects of dehydration, hangover causing confusion. I’m dead set that last night was a dream just wish I had that certainty that last week was too? And cause I haven’t with that I’m questioning when more if it happened? 

Well? I really don’t want to go into another week with this...?

I can’t do it to him my guy.. it’s his nans funeral this week too!

Hi petal

You really really need to stop analysing this. I know you feel like you can solve it if you really try but you can't - that's not how ocd works. You need to leave this alone. It will make you feel anxious and like you have to keep digging. But you don't. That's just a lie ocd tells you. Put this down, leave it be, focus on now.