Got me again... any tips...

I know what the answer more than likely going to be but when you are in the spell of ritualizing i find its very hard at that point to leave it, because ur ending it on a bad note by choice, when u have the choice to not ritualize sometimes the choice is made easy for u when u are forced to accept the uncertainty, but when u have that choice to check, any tips on leaving it on a bad note, espeecially when u did a compulsion and didnt feel u did it right? so hard to leave it on that note? and ultimately because of the checking i think ive done someting again by mistake cant win again, when will i learn?

now i think this is the time ive done something lol

Edited by humbleno1
8 minutes ago, humbleno1 said:

when u have the choice to not ritualize sometimes the choice is made easy for u when u are forced to accept the uncertainty, but when u have that choice to check, any tips on leaving it on a bad note, espeecially when u did a compulsion and didnt feel u did it right?

Whatever you do remember what you've said here, that you'd had rather not done any rituals. 

There is no did it right with OCD. Do a compulsion right and OCD will demand more from you the next time and you'll do that wrong, and be back here again. Why leave it on a 'bad note' now? Because eventually you'll have to, to fight OCD you need to leave it on lots of bad notes. Thing is they aren't really bad at all, in fact you'll feel amazing the more you get used to doing it, and you'll wonder why you didn't do it earlier. 

10 minutes ago, humbleno1 said:

wow this disorder really is so insidious its such a horrible disorder!!! it can create such complexities in ur mind!! :( i try i really do, cant seem to beat this thing

I agree with you humbleno1 OCD is really insidious, but that doesn't mean that you can´t beat this thing. YOU CAN BEAT OCD :sport_boxing: don't give up, you can do this! 

Remember that you are not alone, you are not the only one who is fighting against this illness called OCD.

I send you a big HU:hug: 

:( come to a sort of conclusion which I know im probably preaching to teh choir here, and its not some great insight but it helps me to motivate myself by reiterating these kinda things, anyway - I think reassurance is like alcohol for an alchoholic, I guess I dont think u can get better, until whatever it is ur ocd is throwing at u u can truly be okay with not knowing - im slowly realising that fact.

4 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

I guess I dont think u can get better, until whatever it is ur ocd is throwing at u u can truly be okay with not knowing - im slowly realising that fact.

Yes. A response to the intrusive thought that leaves ambiguity is the antidote to preventing rumination. 

Yes we need to learn to feel again. Meds do change how a person feels & if you can’t feel it you can’t resolve it   

50% with OCD have Get Right OCD.  

3 hours ago, Handy said:

Yes we need to learn to feel again. Meds do change how a person feels & if you can’t feel it you can’t resolve it   

50% with OCD have Get Right OCD.  

This is wrong in so many ways. 

We shouldn't be aiming to solve our fears. We should get used to the idea of leaving them unresolved. 

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that if it doesn't feel right it is still an exposure even though you already did perform compulsions. Maybe is is now an even bigger exposure! Which is a good thing. See it as a possibility to try exposing yourself to breaking the OCD cycle. This can be challenging compared to not ritualizing in the first place. I am doing this as we speak because I got cought up in a  vicious cycle myself. This will always happen at some point so we need to train ourselves to be able to just keep going and follow our values even though we didn't "get it right".

Edited by Rarity
On 21/07/2019 at 22:05, gingerbreadgirl said:

This is wrong in so many ways. 

We shouldn't be aiming to solve our fears. We should get used to the idea of leaving them unresolved. 

I didn’t say to resolve our fears I said to resolve our anxiety. Anxiety is something we feel. It’s a fight or flight response. However if one can’t feel the anxieties how can they resolve them? It’s impossible to know if you’re no longer feeling something if you don’t feel it in the first place!