I think that they should wash their cup in the kitchen or how are they going to clean their cup. If they have badly rotting teeth then I hope they are seeing a dentist. What does the dentist say about treatment? My mother had very bad teeth. She had to have them all extracted over a few weeks. She had a morbid fear of dentists.  She eventually  had to see one. She used to burst abscesses she had in her mouth. The contagion did not spread. But the person needs to take dental advice.

Edited by Angst

Thank you, Angst. I suspected as much, but as I am often wrong when it comes to these things, I thought I'd check.

On this occasion it is actually me with the rotting teeth and someone else who doesn't want my cup in the kitchen.

I normally use disposable cups (because of my own OCD fears), but have run out of clean ones so wanted to rinse one.

My teeth are bad because I haven't been looking after them. I desperately need to see a dentist, but cannot face it yet.

3 hours ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

My teeth are bad because I haven't been looking after them. I desperately need to see a dentist, but cannot face it yet.

Hi Lost,

You really need to make getting your teeth sorted the priority here!

Years ago I was in a similar situation with anxiety, agoraphobia, & in desperate need of dental treatment. The thing is, all the time you are in need of dental treatment and with teeth deteriorating further, your mental health is unlikely to improve, and not being able to face it will get harder still. Whereas, you'll probably notice that you make huge improvements to your mental health, if you can get this treatment out of the way ASAP.

At the time, I was prescribed diazepam, but only took a minimal amount.

5 minutes ago, felix4 said:

Hi Lost,

You really need to make getting your teeth sorted the priority here!

Years ago I was in a similar situation with anxiety, agoraphobia, & in desperate need of dental treatment. The thing is, all the time you are in need of dental treatment and with teeth deteriorating further, your mental health is unlikely to improve, and not being able to face it will get harder still. Whereas, you'll probably notice that you make huge improvements to your mental health, if you can get this treatment out of the way ASAP.

At the time, I was prescribed diazepam, but only took a minimal amount.

Hi Felix,

I know you are right, it's just that I haven't left the house or seen anyone face to face (except my mum who I live with) for 7 years. I was terrified of going to the dentist before, but now it feels impossible.

I have other health problems I should see a doctor about too.

I am having an assessment for telephone therapy next month. Just hoping that will help.