Clomipramine experience

Hi, I used these forums around 2010/2011.  Back then I was on Sertraline. 
I am now 28 and I have been on a number of meds for OCD through out my life.  I have recently been moved onto Clomipramine. I am currently on 100mg a day and started gradually from 10mg a day to 20 to 30 to 40 to 50 to 75 to 100. 
I think the plan is to get me to around 150mg a day.
Um, I get like these feelings in my head and body, I've been getting them for a month now and I have named it "Coocooning" Like a Coocoon, hatching at least trying to. My brain feels like someone is trying to burst out and I am having some existential issues. I said to my Psych, I feel like i'm stuck in a loading screen waiting to reach the next level.  Or like a real comfy elevator which is my room waiting to take me to a new level. Throughout the day I get moments in my brain where I just go "AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" I feel like I'm gonna explode sometimes and I have no idea what's going on. How long do I Coocoon for before I feel a difference? 
Everyone I read about says around the 6 week mark you'll notice a difference, only thing I notice that has changed is I get outta bed a lot more these days.  The intrusive thoughts, those assholes are still kicking me at every turn. I don't mean to sound crazy, I just don't know what the hell is going on in my head these days.  

Tldr: Whats your experience with the transition on to Clomipramine and when did you notice a change? 

Edited by inviisiblekid
9 hours ago, inviisiblekid said:

Whats your experience with the transition on to Clomipramine and when did you notice a change? 

I have not taken this medication myself, but hopefully one of our users who has will respond over the next day or so.  

What I will say is that I guess for everyone their response to the medication will vary and differ. So other people's responses may be similar, but equally their experience may not exactly mirror your experience. 

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

I have not taken this medication myself, but hopefully one of our users who has will respond over the next day or so.  

What I will say is that I guess for everyone their response to the medication will vary and differ. So other people's responses may be similar, but equally their experience may not exactly mirror your experience. 

Thank you for the reply.  I'm hoping to learn about other users on the drug, I want to hear all experiences.  Especially positive outcomes !

On 26/07/2019 at 01:57, inviisiblekid said:

Tldr: Whats your experience with the transition on to Clomipramine and when did you notice a change?

Hi inviisiblekid

I was put on Clomipramine in 2003 after struggling with severe OCD for three years and having tried a variety of other meds without any success.

I was put on a high dose of Clomipramine along with Clonazepam so it is difficult to know exactly what help the Clomipramine gave. I can't now remember the dose I was on - I want to say 500mg (maybe it was 200 mg) ........ I think if I look back far enough on these forums I'll find it.

Very early on I felt a difference - my fears were almost immediately less severe and, although it was some years before I completely recovered, things became easier for me very quickly. This could have been due to the lowered anxiety because of the Clonazepam - difficult to say.

After a relatively short time, I came off the Clonazepam and continued to do well until I would say I was virtually unaffected by OCD.

Last year I decided with support from my GP to come off the Clomipramine as it had never been reviewed and I had been on the high dose for fifteen years. I had a lot of other personal problems last year so, again, it is hard to know what caused the relapse but I started experiencing OCD-like symptoms for the first time in several years so I went back on to a dose of 50 mg and the symptoms subsided.

I would say that the Clomipramine was responsible for my recovery.

I really hope it works for you too :)