Dear friends of yesteryear, and present day posters....

Wanted to jump in and say hi after so long away and encourage you all in your battle.

A while ago, I had a MASSIVE OCD setback, which almost took my life, although technically, OCD can't do that - if you catch my drift. I ended up back in therapy. I notice some people have posted about EMDR - that's where I ended up. I can tell you that for me, it has been a massive help. We tapped into some trauma, and I discussed things which I have never told a soul. It worked. Especially when partnered with what I learnt in CBT.

In my time away from here I managed to do a lot of voluntary work with people in mental health, and do a lot of studying in the area. Worked my way through a degree, and am currently completing an MSc, with my dissertation based on monkeys in outa-space...... Hmmm, ok, ok, it's on OCD. What else would it be???

My encouragement to you guys is this: CBT can be ace, EMDR can be ace, this forum, friends, support, and everything else. It's all there to help. But the most important thing, which needs tapping into is the knowledge that OCD is the biggest liar on the planet. It suffocates you (the victim), kicks you, pushes and pulls you around from day to day. It even hides in the corner whilst you begin to feel better, and jumps out again. But the truth is that it is never, ever, ever telling you the truth. It doesn't deserve the slightest second of your attention. Why do we give it so much time? Because when we do, it wins. Our minds are colluding with the enemy. This is the biggest and easiest mistake we all make. We collude with that liar. When we don't do this, OCD has nothing to work with. It gets nothing. It deserves nothing. Please everyone, give it nothing - no exceptions.

Love and strength to you all.