Worry Worry Worry

Guest dimmerswitch

Guest dimmerswitch

It’s been a long time since I was here.

I still have OCD. It is there every minute of every day.

I maintain a good job with lots of challenges, yes my ocd impacts this and the way I react to situations. No one apart from my partner knows I have this condition. 

She has seen me at my lowest and has always shown great support. 

Occasionally, I will say “it’s still there, but I’m just laughing at it, laughing at the intrusive thoughts”

I’m sat here now typing this as I couldn’t sleep. OCD grabbed me, and to be honest, the current worry subject is just silly, but as usual I’m blowing it out of all proportions, well, at least my ocd is. I’m riding the anxiety wave, tingling and shaking at the peaks and trying to rest in the troughs.

Like all blow outs/spikes/triggers, I know it will pass and I’ll wonder why I let it bother me again.

I’m just on the next wave now, where did that wave come from? It came from me not letting the thought pass by, but I grabbed onto it and entertained it.

This ramble does have a purpose. When that thought enters our head, laugh at it. It doesn’t have to be an audible laugh out loud, it can be internal, like the thought.

So please, next time an unwanted thought pops into your head, laugh at it instantly. This will take the wind out of its sails and the thought will become nothing. Don’t worry about the content of the thought, laugh at it. It’s a thought. 

Try not to allow the thought any breathing space. Laugh at it and it will go away. Seriously, try it. It works.

Yes, give an inch ... but there's nothing like that time when a 'spike' hits and you do the right thing, and it just flows through you and disappears. Worth far more than all the compulsions under the sun. 

And, it's good to vent!

Best.