where to start with ocd

My therapist just told me that she thinks I have ocd or at least tendencies... it's overwhelming trying to read up on it online so what's a good place to start get information on what this is or how you should deal with it. 

any information would help.

Hi @Linnea, welcome to the forums.  I can understand what you mean, trying to learn about something like OCD and all that is involved can be overwhelming at first!  I think Gingerbread Girl gave a great recommendation, starting with one or two books that are targeted at people who are just learning about OCD is your best approach.  A lot of us are tempted to grab every resource we can, to learn everything as quickly as possible, but the reality is OCD is fairly straightforward, so one good book is more than enough to get you started on your recovery journey.

You can also look at the info provided by OCD-UK on what OCD is and what treatments are available here: http://www.ocduk.org/ocd/

And of course, if you have questions, feel free to ask on the forum, we have quite a few active members, all of whom will do there best to help explain and support you.