If you could have one day without OCD: What is the first thing you would do?

On 20/09/2019 at 02:44, gingerbreadgirl said:

I think it's a great idea to write down what you would do on your one day without OCD, and keep it somewhere you can look at it. Think "I will do this one day".  it doesn't have to be a pipe dream!  

That is a great idea gingerbreadgirl :57439eb60db27_thumbup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21/09/2019 at 12:36, jennypea93 said:

I would go on holiday somewhere far away like America/Canada. I've always wanted to go there but I really struggle to cope with 2 hour flights, the rituals and compultions I feel I have to carry out otherwise the plane will crash is exhausting, I couldnt do it for 10 hours... I would actually look forward to going as well. Hopefully one day It'll happen :)

Hi jennypea93 :),

Welcome to the forums:howdy:  you have described a great day without OCD :57439eb60db27_thumbup: 

Hold my children feeling like a real father.

Embrace my wife as a man.

Hold head up high in public.

Feel the flow of life wash over me as I watch TV,  listen to radio, music, read, interact and dream all day without intrusion of utter disgust.

Walk about with eyes at peace and wandering anywhere they please without fear of trigger.

Nice post BTW. 

Njb?

On 22/09/2019 at 00:36, jennypea93 said:

would go on holiday somewhere far away like America/Canada. I've always wanted to go there but I really struggle to cope with 2 hour flights, the rituals and compultions I feel I have to carry out otherwise the plane will crash is exhausting, I couldnt do it for 10 hours... I would actually look forward to going as well. Hopefully one day It'll happen

I used to struggle just to ride a bus across town for less than an hour.  Now I live overseas (Japan) and take 10ish hour flights home to the US once a year.  I've even traveled to Australia (14 hours flight time total), something I NEVER would have imagined being able to do back in the day.  It didn't happen overnight, but gradual improvement made achieving these seemingly impossible goals possible.  Hang in there and keep working towards your goals and you can get there someday too!

On 30/09/2019 at 06:52, njb said:

Hold my children feeling like a real father.

Embrace my wife as a man.

Hold head up high in public.

Feel the flow of life wash over me as I watch TV,  listen to radio, music, read, interact and dream all day without intrusion of utter disgust.

Walk about with eyes at peace and wandering anywhere they please without fear of trigger.

Nice post BTW. 

Njb?

Hi njb :),

You have mentioned lovely things to do in a day without OCD. I hope you can do all these things soon Njb

big HU:hug:

Edited by Andrea
9 hours ago, Andrea said:

Hi njb :),

You have mentioned lovely things to do in a day without OCD. I hope you can do all these things soon Njb

big HU:hug:

Back at ya. I’m so genuinely happy at your reply. 

limited emoji on my phone so how about something totally random representing hugs back. ????????????????
????

Edited by njb
  • 1 month later...

Well this is a bit odd but...

I came in to work the other day to find our tool box sitting out side being the van in the car park, covered in frost.

My colleague said " oh I ment to put that away last night, I'll do it when I've had a coffee" and wandered off.

This , I want to be like this just sometimes.