Leaving the house after 7 years

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a good plan :)

You can put the old one to one side and look at it on a computer at another point. I've read that sometimes they can get broken by a data transfer that goes wrong. It's a shame it's happened, i hope you haven't lost too much stuff x

Do you know and have confidence in a repair shop that sells phones. In my part of the world there are quite a few. I have smashed an Ipad and do not want to pay Apple a lot of money to repair it. So I thinking of using one of those shops. But uncertain. I think a phone is vital for you at the moment. So I would try what you suggest. Hope it works. And if not come back to the forum. Hope your solution works.

Edited by Angst

Thank you everyone. ☺️ I walked to Sainsbury's and got some shopping, but they didn't have any micro SD cards in stock. So I took a deep breath and got a taxi to Argos. I bought the card, and tried it in my phone, but that one wasn't working properly either, so I bought a cheap new phone.

My courage was failing me in the taxi there, passing places with negative associations, but I thought of you guys and it got me through. I have to go up in that direction for my hospital appointment on Monday, so it also served as a trial run.

I appear to have lost everything that was saved to my old memory card though, which sucks. ?

Hey Lost,

I’m afraid I can’t give any advice about the memory card, I’m absolutely hopeless with techie stuff, so much so that as I get older I’m beginning to feel more and more like Catweazle and his electrickery lol...but just wanted to say I hope you get on okay tomorrow.

You’re doing incredibly well, will you let us all know how it goes? 

2 hours ago, Hal said:

Hey Lost,

I’m afraid I can’t give any advice about the memory card, I’m absolutely hopeless with techie stuff, so much so that as I get older I’m beginning to feel more and more like Catweazle and his electrickery lol...but just wanted to say I hope you get on okay tomorrow.

You’re doing incredibly well, will you let us all know how it goes? 

:lol: Thank you, Hal. I will.

@Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze  Been on holiday the past two weeks and just catching up on the forums.  I am loving reading about your amazing progress and really really proud of the courage you are showing in taking these steps.  Just wanted to pass along a hearty congratulations!  So happy for you!!

12 hours ago, dksea said:

@Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze  Been on holiday the past two weeks and just catching up on the forums.  I am loving reading about your amazing progress and really really proud of the courage you are showing in taking these steps.  Just wanted to pass along a hearty congratulations!  So happy for you!!

Thank you, Dksea

20 minutes ago, Angst said:

How are things going?

I'm back from the hospital. I had quite a long wait initially but then I saw the doctor and had an ultrasound even though I'd normally have had to come back. I think they wanted to get it done there and then in case I ran away and never came back :lol: seeing as how I'd left it so long before coming. They think it is benign, but took a biopsy to be sure. I have to go back on 13th to get the results and discuss removing the larger one. I'm not sure what I will do about that.

I missed a call about housing when I was in the hospital. I've got to wait for them to call me back again, but I have to be out of here on Wednesday morning!

1 hour ago, Angst said:

I have had biopsies even when they think it’s benign.  It shows good practice.

Was the call about housing from the council? Hope it gets sorted.

Thank you, fingers crossed it will be OK.

Yes, it was from the council. It was vibrating in my bag and I really wanted to answer it, but the doctor was talking to me.

I can imagine myself doing exactly the same with regard to the phone. 

To repeat, what the others are saying, you are doing really well.

But I wish for you that you had answered it.

Simply say to the doctor, I am expecting a really important call. Please do excuse me. But it is what I would do. Ignore it.

My instinct. Would be to ring the council first thing tomorrow. Let us know what happens.

Take care.

Edited by Angst