Leaving the house after 7 years

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

I'm not feeling very well now. My face is flushed and I feel shivery. I can't be ill now!!

Bless you, Lost, sorry to hear you're not feeling very well. You've had a very big day and week, hopefully you're just tired. Get tucked in to bed and I really hope you feel better in the morning. X

Edited by Emsie

Lost, so proud of you for going to your appointment today and it's great to her the lump is benign 

46 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

I'm not feeling very well now. My face is flushed and I feel shivery. I can't be ill now!!

I wouldn't worry about it, you've just had such a massive week, the body responds to stress like this. Plus the weather has been so up and down lately, just get plenty of rest tonight and have a nice cup of tea xx

47 minutes ago, Emsie said:

Bless you, Lost, sorry to hear you're not feeling very well. You've had a very big day and week, hopefully you're just tired. Get tucked in to bed and I really hope you feel better in the morning. X

Thank you, Emsie. I hope it is just tiredness. I am getting ready for bed now. x

14 minutes ago, malina said:

Lost, so proud of you for going to your appointment today and it's great to her the lump is benign 

I wouldn't worry about it, you've just had such a massive week, the body responds to stress like this. Plus the weather has been so up and down lately, just get plenty of rest tonight and have a nice cup of tea xx

Thank you, Malina. Hopefully it is just tiredness and stress.

They think it's benign, but they can't be totally sure until the biopsy results come back.

1 minute ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Thank you, Malina. Hopefully it is just tiredness and stress.

They think it's benign, but they can't be totally sure until the biopsy results come back.

Fair enough, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Don't listen to the worries about being a nuisance. The council can be rather slow and will get pestered all the time by people trying to get them to sort out whatever problem they have. If you feel like you can't ignore the worries about being a nuisance then be just honest, say you are worried about what's happening and that's why you're enquiring. But in all honesty it is their job to help you so don't worry, ask as many questions as you need x

44 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Thank you both. I haven't been given any details at all except the name of the person who should be ringing me. I'm just worried if I pester them they'll think I'm a nuisance and not want to help me. They know I'm going to be homeless tomorrow!

Lost, I think given the time frame, it would be more than reasonable to call. Besides, calling once to check on how things are going is hardly being a nuisance! 

I phoned, my mum phoned. Eventually they phoned back. They were asking me all sorts of questions. I panicked and didn't know what to say, so I gave them my mum's number for her to explain. They also said they need to speak to my doctor to find out if I'm a priority for housing. They were going to phone them tomorrow, but when I called the surgery to authorise it they said he isn't in till Thursday so I don't know what they will do.

My mum has just phoned. They wouldn't listen to her. She had to tell them the truth about my room, but they seemed to think I should go and sleep on the sofa.

I can't do this. I wish I'd just stayed at home now. Let them take body away as well as the trash. You can tell me I'm being dramatic if you like, but it's true. I can pretend to be normal and coping all I like, but I'll never be. It's all ruined. There'll never be any progress because this always happens I just burn out out after a week. I can't explain myself to anyone, no one is going to understand. Everyone is just going to judge me. Most people aren't like you.