Leaving the house after 7 years

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost I am so sorry for being so late to this thread.

But I wanted to add my belated agreement to the plaudits that others have bestowed on you. 

I work with some very brave and remarkable people in my job, but your courage and achievements is right up there in all my 15 years doing this job.

You've done so well, and I think this entire community is rooting for you.

Ashley :)

Thank you everyone, I am feeling a bit calmer and heading to bed. I have 1 more night booked here now, though I will have to pack up and change rooms in the morning.

45 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Lost I am so sorry for being so late to this thread.

But I wanted to add my belated agreement to the plaudits that others have bestowed on you. 

I work with some very brave and remarkable people in my job, but your courage and achievements is right up there in all my 15 years doing this job.

You've done so well, and I think this entire community is rooting for you.

Ashley :)

Thank you so much Ashley, and for the amazing offer of help. :thankyousign:

Wow Lost!!! I haven't been on the forum for a few weeks and missed all of this!! 

I am so inspired by all of this- I have not been fully housebound for 7 years but would really struggle with all of the challenges that you've faced recently! 

What is the plan going ahead now? 

6 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

Really pleased you have somewhere to stay until Monday lost. Are you feeling a little better about things? Xx 

Thank you, I am feeling a bit better now than before. I'm just having something to eat - I've hardly eaten anything all day - and then I'm going to see if I can get the DVD player in this room to work to try and take my mind off everything for a bit. xx

43 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Thank you, I am feeling a bit better now than before. I'm just having something to eat - I've hardly eaten anything all day - and then I'm going to see if I can get the DVD player in this room to work to try and take my mind off everything for a bit. xx

That’s great you’re feeling a bit better and that sounds like a great plan for this evening. X

Today has been very challenging, to put it mildly! I was lucky enough to have a knight in shining armour come to my rescue though. :)

On a positive note, I took the bus into town today. I nearly gave up and called a taxi on the way back as the buses kept driving straight past the stop where I was standing.

Hi Lost  It’s good that Ashley has become your advocate. In the past quite a long time ago I was helped by the charity Shelter. You could search their web site for info. Also people forget that we still live in a representational democracy in which we have local councillors and MPs holding open sessions on a weekly basis to help their constituents. The quality of the representatives varies in my experience.  But when getting help for my mother from her local MP helped a lot. He was an incredibly popular MP at the time and worked  very hard. He made a real difference to the help that my mother received and let as face it the resources my mother received. Gather together help from as sources as possible. 

Edited by Angst
3 hours ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Quick update. Been on the bus into town and picked up my new glasses.

I have a meeting with someone from the council about housing on Monday. (Thank you Ashley for being my advocate!)

I am so glad Ashley is helping you Lost :57439eb60db27_thumbup: 

I am also glad you have your new glasses. I bet you can see small details now that you weren't able to see before. It is awesome when you have new glasses.

Good luck with your meeting :flowers:

On 6 September 2019 at 17:21, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Quick update. Been on the bus into town and picked up my new glasses.

I have a meeting with someone from the council about housing on Monday. (Thank you Ashley for being my advocate!)

Brilliant stuff, Lost. Hope you're loving your new glasses. Fantastic news about your meeting on Monday. God bless Ashley. I hope you've had a good day today. X

Thank you, both. I'm still getting used to the new glasses. They are so thick that they make everything look small, and curved at the edges. I've had a bit of a rest today - if I'm honest I've been struggling with feelings of depression - but am planning to get back out there and go to the shop tomorrow. Also hopefully meet up with my mum, who I haven't seen for a couple of weeks.

I hope you get used to the new glasses soon, if you do have any concerns do go back to the optician to discuss. I'm glad you've been resting as you've had such a busy and full on time with all of your amazing achievements. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with feelings of depression, your plan for tomorrow is spot on to combat that, good for you. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Be lovely to see your mum too. Remember how amazing you're doing and we are all behind you. X