Leaving the house after 7 years

I agree with gemma Lost :)

It's absolutely fine to ask these things, this is all new and everyone is unsure in new situations.  

Sorry to hear you had a bad night.  I guess it is to be expected after such a huge day yesterday.

You are doing fantastically well.  You should be immensely proud of yourself (I hope you are?)

Hope today is a good day - remember to take it one thing at a time and be really really gentle with yourself.  Remember we're here if you need us xxx

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you haven't Lost - but even if you have it doesn't matter one jot.  Just keep on putting one foot in front of the other.  You are doing amazingly.  This will be hard and new and unfamiliar but it is also exciting and potentially the start of amazing new things for you.  xxx

Just hang the ‘do not disturb’ notice on your door. Is your Mum in the same guest house? You’re doing well after seven years spent indoors!

Edited by Angst

That kind of thing happens to me all the time lost :) you've had a huge amount on your plate you've got a lot to think about a few things are bound to slip occasionally. Just take it steady and give yourself a break you're doing great :) 

Edited by gingerbreadgirl
7 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Thank you, I hung it on. My mum has had to go elsewhere, because she needs somewhere wheelchair accessible. I feel like crying now. I went to the optician's and I'd got the wrong day. My appointment is tomorrow. :(

I made an appointment at the doctors a few weeks back, then realised I couldn't make it so cancelled it (on my phone) and made another for the following week.  I turned up for my appointment & couldn't understand why the sign-in screen didn't recognise me.  I went to ask the receptionist and she said I had no appointment booked for that day.  She told me I'd failed to attend an appointment the week before and that I had one booked for a week later :blush:  Trying to do it on a little phone screen I'd mocked up completely, missed an appointment, turned up a week early but eventually got it right in the end!!  So you're not alone

It really is exhausting. Compared to what you probably did day to day before, you have massively stepped it up. That effort will be massive and it's bound to drain you. Try to be compassionate with yourself, you've done amazing and you're coping as well as anyone else could in your situation. 

I'm glad you're feeling better, I hope you and your mum are well x

Be kind to yourself Lost & don't under-estimate the enormity of what you've done this week.  There have been so many life changes that have all happened at once that you're bound to feel emotionally drained.  You're doing so well. I'm proud of you :)

3 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Thank you both. :)

:lol: It's mountain climbing tomorrow! (Actually it's the doctor's surgery. Apart from hospitals and public toilets it's my most feared place for germs.)

Oh you thrill seeker! ?

Yes I've felt sick. It won't be so bad and avoiding it isn't the answer. Remember lots of people go to the doctors everyday for help and they are all fine. It's just ocd saying it will be awful. 

I've had a lump looked at myself and it will be over before you know it. Thinking of you x

47 minutes ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

So tempted to cancel. I feel sick. It wouldn't be so bad if I could keep all my clothes on, but I have a lump that needs examining. :(

Oh lost don’t cancel, you’ve been challenging yourself a lot this week and have survived each new thing, there is no reason you can’t do this. As Gemma says, we have all been to the doctors to get examined and nothing bad has happened, you just need to get this done and it’ll be over. Thinking of you x