Leaving the house after 7 years

You can do this Lost, you've been so incredibly strong and you can do this as well.  it will be over before you even know it.  I feel really anxious going to the doctors too, but whenever I come out I always wonder what I was worried about! 

Just take everything one thing at a time and keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will be absolutely fine.  we're all behind you :) xxx

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone :) Thank you for your support. I made it! I have a 2 week referral to the breast clinic, but he's hopeful it isn't serious. I had to be weighed and have my blood pressure taken. Feel filthy now, but I went to Sainsburys for some more supplies and got myself a cheap DVD as a reward. Then I walked from there back to the guest house instead of getting a taxi. Oh, and I used a cash machine. I now have cleaning up to do. I saved my shower till now and am changing clothes, but I'll try not to go too over the top with the dettol wipes!

16 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

You have done absolutely AMAZINGLY lost  I find what you're doing so inspiring!! Enjoy your dvd - what film is it? :) xxx 

Thank you :) I accidentally left it at the check out to start with and had to go back for it! It's Julie & Julia. Hope it's good xxx

2 hours ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

Hey everyone :) Thank you for your support. I made it! I have a 2 week referral to the breast clinic, but he's hopeful it isn't serious. I had to be weighed and have my blood pressure taken. Feel filthy now, but I went to Sainsburys for some more supplies and got myself a cheap DVD as a reward. Then I walked from there back to the guest house instead of getting a taxi. Oh, and I used a cash machine. I now have cleaning up to do. I saved my shower till now and am changing clothes, but I'll try not to go too over the top with the dettol wipes!

Good achievement. Two week referral. Good achievement the optician with the new lens prescription. Good achievement. Not taking a taxi. Good achievement. Going to the job centre. Good achievement. Using a cash machine. Good that you had a chat with your Mum.

Do you have any cooking facilities in the guest house? I think it’s better than take aways or eating in cafes.

Hope you get the video and have a relaxing night.

Edited by Angst
8 minutes ago, Angst said:

Good achievement. Two week referral. Good achievement the optician with the new lens prescription. Good achievement. Not taking a taxi. Good achievement. Going to the job centre. Good achievement. Using a cash machine. Good that you had a chat with your Mum.

Do you have any cooking facilities in the guest house? I think it’s better than take aways or eating in cafes.

Hope you get the video and have a relaxing night.

:thankyousign:

I don't have cooking facilities, but I do have a fridge. I'm just eating cold food, as I don't feel able to eat out or get takeaways. We haven't had cooked food for a couple of years anyway, so I'm used to it.

Thank you, I am very tired so am just eating then hope to relax and watch some of the film before bed. I have to be very close to the TV screen though!

Edited by Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze

I couldn't get the DVD player to work in the end, so I'll have to save it for another time.

I've just had a call from the breast clinic. They want me to go on Monday at 10.45am. I don't know if I can manage that early, but I felt I had to accept it as it was a cancellation and they're putting me in as mine was an urgent referral.

1 hour ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

I couldn't get the DVD player to work in the end, so I'll have to save it for another time.

I've just had a call from the breast clinic. They want me to go on Monday at 10.45am. I don't know if I can manage that early, but I felt I had to accept it as it was a cancellation and they're putting me in as mine was an urgent referral.

It will be good to just get it over with! Sometimes the waiting times can be very long so you’re lucky that you got it so quickly, really good decision to take it! I wish you luck, hope it all goes well!!

22 hours ago, Lost_in_a_Dark_Maze said:

You should make every effort to get to the appointment. Being seen sooner rather than later for checks is always best. What I do is set the alarm clock quite early - move it to the other side of the room - so I have to get up to turn it all. I have the loudest sounding alarm clock sold at Argos. If your OCD makes you spend ages doing routines then you have to schedule these rituals in. I know from when my OCD was bad now difficult it was to attend interviews and tests. You can do it.

Edited by Angst

I know this isn't OCD, but does anyone know what I can do? My phone has gone mad and all the apps that were stored on a memory card have disappeared. I don't know if it is a problem with the phone or the SD card, but my phone isn't letting me download anything now. I really need my phone for everything. :(

Have you tried turning you phone off and on again? If after that nothing, can you go to the settings on your phone and see if it knows the sd card is there? In other words to see if the phone is picking it up. That would be under storage :)