In the way in an emergency

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Hello.

I was cycling past the hospital today and the emergency is on that side of the hospital so there is a way up to the emergency. I didnt really cycle on the wrong side. So a car is passing me and he is using the horn when he is passing or after.

I did look back and they were caring out a lady from the backseat. Obviously or well maybe not a psychopath would, but instantly I got anxiety.

Sooo now do I feel guilty of causing something. Worst case is death. I am thinking about going to the emergency and ask. But that would be a compulsion I guess.

I am normally very careful when I am using that road because I know it is the way up to the emergency but I didn't do it this time.?                        edit: it was not like the car was honking when he was behind me and I had to move. But even 1 second are important in those situations...

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Hey, I’m not sure I understand what you’re worried about, do you think that you have caused an accident or that you were in the way and delayed the woman from getting to the hospital?

in either case, how realistic do you think it is that you did something wrong?

Guest OCDhavenobrain

The other thing. That I delayed her getting help, even if it was with 1 second. But the thing isvthat he honked when he was beside me. So not like he honked behind me and then I moved.

I feelt like I had caused her death or atleast contributed to it. It is vetter now but got really scared.

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Yes yes I do agree. I have had some more thoughts lately and I have to do my thing. Also throwing in some overall mindfulness or no, throwing in meditation. Because I prefer to shift the focus because that is where I find the solution to this problem we all have. Actually started today again with the meditation and it was great. 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

1 hour ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Because I prefer to shift the focus because that is where I find the solution to this problem we all have. Actually started today again with the meditation and it was great.

That's great. Yes, shift the focus and move on...and meditation--i find that a great way to start the day :)