suicidally depressed?

feeling like this over some things everyone telling me to "get over it" and stuff, i cant, whole life has gone to ****, and nobody really cares, i have all my problems and more, and more responsibility, cant really see a way out, i know people going to give me the usual it can get better - i just cant cope anymore, im very sad, like i cant explain, im giving up, im ready to give up.  :(

Sometimes, the position you are in right now can be a good one. Sound strange?

The reason is simple. For some people, they don't start attacking a problem and making necessary changes until they're sick and tired of being sick and tired.

You know what suicide is? It's the transferring of pain from yourself to others. Yeah, that's what it is. Suicidal people don't think about that but it's true. 

Is there another way? Sure. It's asking for help and standing up for yourself and learning new things and, most importantly, changing. If you keep doing the same old things, you'll keep getting the same result. 

Think about this. 

Who's telling you to get over it? Prof. Paul Salkovskis always says respond with 'how?' Because getting over ocd is hard and complicated. There are people here who care humble but I understand that you need someone in your corner in the 'real world'. Have you got a friend or loved one you can rely on or a therapist? 

I do not agree with Polar Bear’s stance on suicide. For a start I think that suicide rates underestimates the true incidence of suicide. Many ‘accidents’ might well be suicides. Coroners’ courts are quite conservative in their verdict of suicide. If I planned a suicide it would look like an accident. I certainly would not leave a note. In Canada, several states in the US,  the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland have different forms of assisted dying programmes. I wonder, contrary to Polar Bear’s belief, that there might be group pressure on an individual to take his or hers own life in cases where people are perceived to be a burden. It is a big debate in the Netherlands at the moment.

Edited by Angst
17 hours ago, humbleno1 said:

feeling like this over some things everyone telling me to "get over it" and stuff, i cant, whole life has gone to ****, and nobody really cares, i have all my problems and more, and more responsibility, cant really see a way out, i know people going to give me the usual it can get better - i just cant cope anymore, im very sad, like i cant explain, im giving up, im ready to give up.  :(

Hi humbleno. I had a quick look at your posts. You replied to my PIP post about universal credit. You mentioned problems at work in July. You have also mentioned conflict at home with your mother and being asked to move out.

So it seems that you no longer have a job, have accommodation problems and need to apply for benefits.

So you have an awful lot going.  

You have OCD running in tandem with depression. I had that some years ago. What worked for me was substantially reducing stressors, then therapy and last of all medication.

I was planning a fatal accident. The depressive thoughts and OCD were destroying me.

You have lots of things which are real stressors. Unemployment, accommodation insecurity and the need to claim benefits.

So you need a secure base and an income to support it as well as therapy. So book NHS therapy and research benefits including housing benefits I.e. universal credit which you mentioned in the PIP thread.

10 hours ago, Angst said:

I do not agree with Polar Bear’s stance on suicide. For a start I think that suicide rates underestimates the true incidence of suicide. Many ‘accidents’ might well be suicides. Coroners’ courts are quite conservative in their verdict of suicide. If I planned a suicide it would look like an accident. I certainly would not leave a note. In Canada, several states in the US,  the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland have different forms of assisted dying programmes. I wonder, contrary to Polar Bear’s belief, that there might be group pressure on an individual to take his or hers own life in cases where people are perceived to be a burden. It is a big debate in the Netherlands at the moment.

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I wrote before. Suicide is the transferring of pain. Suicidal people feel pain and they want it to end. When they die by suicide, their pain is over but it transfers to loved ones, who then must cope with the pain of having lost someone.