Online help please...

Hi, I have had ocd for 34 years but am now determined to make every effort to recover.... im living in france untill next year when i will be back in the uk but want to make a start on helping myself....does anyone know of a good online cbt  course which might help??? 

Edited by Monkeygirl
Change heading

I’m been  put on Silvercloud, by my local NHS.

Im still waiting for my first supporter review, and I expect that’s the key, the support you get as otherwise it could be a book.

ok there are some tools like mood monitoring and a journal, hierarchy of fears etc , but you could do these on paper.

There are also some videos, with transcripts, and some audio relaxation exercises.

As im having to use the computer at work these forms of media are not very convenient. 

To be honest I find the relaxation stuff annoying.

As I say I’ve been on it a month now and haven’t had any interaction with my supporter, and I suspect that’s the most important bit about online therapy is the contact with a real person who can guide you through the course.

I have heard good things about silvercloud.... and yes that's just it.... human contact and also the encouragement to keep doing the exercises.... knowing someone is going to check/read it would make it much more likely that I would continue to do the work .... even if I start to feel in a bit of a funky n not really have  any motivation.

If possible next time I'm home in the UK I will see if my gp can refer me....

Thanks so much for your reply x