My sexual orientation has changed

15 hours ago, Dave321 said:

Honestly every gay person I have ever seen and every straight person I know conforms to the digit ratio of their orientation.  There are universities all ove rthe world studying it and linking digit ratio to lots of things and the papers are in respected scientific literature.

It doesn't matter that every person you have met fits this.  First, its doubtful you have actually examined the digit ratio of every single person you have met, so your data is incomplete to begin with. 
Second those respected universities HAVE studied this issue and the results ARE published in respected scientific literature, and those results say there is NO LINK between finger ratios and male homosexuality.

But honestly, arguing about this is pointless, it doesn't matter.  If you want to believe it and feed your OCD thats a choice you are going to have to make.  I am telling you that its the wrong choice both because its not true AND because it doesn't matter.

If you want to recover from OCD you have to start listening to what people are telling you and making the right choices to do that.  Or you can keep going round and round in circles performing compulsions, ruminating, and giving in to the doubt.  We are all trying to help you here, we all want you to get better, but we can't MAKE you get better, that depends on the choices you make.  You have to start choosing to behave and respond differently to your intrusive thoughts and recognize them for what they are.  Thats the only way things will change, if YOU decide you want them to.  We can help you, but we can't do it for you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you believe a new therapist will mirror your experience of a past therapist?  I have experienced good and bad with every occupation that I have come into contact with.

Edited by Angst