How do I deal with this ???

Right, sorry if this sounds really stupid and over dramatic. I just don't really know how to deal with it. Basically, at the minute someone in my house is ill and it's hard to not lock myself away in my room becuz these things really scare me.

For as long as I have had ocd, illness was my main theme and if anyone even has so much as a small cold i physically cant go near them and i dont want to seem rude but i just cant do it.

And unlike most intrusive thoughts, it's hard to stay completely clean and it's really making me panic. i can't walk around my house unless I like breathe with my jumper over my nose and i cant touch things such as doorknobs and light switches. 

im afraid to use the cutlery and glasses etc. becuz of the germs and stuff. i know it sound excessive but I can't get ill. like my ocd and anxiety is already really high atm and this has just blown it out of proportion. How do I go about this? i feel like im not ready to expose myself to these things yet. and I can't stay somewhere else so i feel as tho locking myself in my room is the only option but I don't know.

sorry for ranting!

Thanks x

You say you can't get ill. Oh yes you can! You can get ill like every other human on the planet. 

What you are really saying is you don't want to deal with the anxiety you think will be caused if you do get ill. Big difference there.

You are dreading getting sick. You believe it's the worst possible thing. But what if that is an OCD lie, with no truth to it?

Look at yourself right now. You are panicking. You are petrified. May I also add that you are probably making yourself sick with worry. How can actually being sick be any worse than what you are putting yourself through right now?

Edited by PolarBear
On 08/09/2019 at 07:17, Sophhh said:

i have like no control over it or I don't know how to control it.

It can definitely feel this way, but the truth is you DO have control over it, or you can.  How?  There are a variety of tools you can use, the first of them being CBT.  IN addition you can use tools like mindfullness/meditation to help deal with anxiety, etc.  You have options aside from living in fear of illness.