Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jumbo

Not eaten

Recommended Posts

Hi guys

Ive just started taking fluoxetine again and im feeling really bad.

Ive not eaten for 3 days, is this normal?

I have no food in the house either and my OCD wont let me order a takeaway because i am paranoid about blood on the pizza box (its easy to cut yourself on them) i worry the delivery man may cut himself on it, then me.

I know i sound crazy but i just cant help myself :(

 

 

Jumbo

Edited by Jumbo

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Jumbo. I would find that very concerning to have not eaten in that long. I find when i don't eat, the stress from that worsens my symptoms.

Is it ocd issues stopping you from eating, or are the meds making you nauseous?

Can you ask anyone you know to do a shopping trip for you? Or can you manage a shopping trip?

I know sometimes ocd stuff makes it hard for me to eat, but it always makes me feel better when i manage to get something into me.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi leif,

Its the OCD thats stopping me eating and to be honest the meds are making me quite nervous too.

I am drinking plenty of water though :)

Sadly, i have nobody to go to shop for me as i have never confided in my family about my OCD. My neighbours are cool but I would be embarressed to ask them to go shopping for me.

I seem to be creating a really big mess for myself here. Im just hoping the meds kick in soon so I can start living again.

Maybe I should just order a nice curry and stop with this silly behaviour.

Jumbo

 

Edited by Jumbo

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Maybe I should just order a nice curry and stop with this silly behaviour.

There's your answer, I know what you're going through because I was eating a lot less than usual at one point because of all the silly problems that my OCD was coming up with, but I felt much better when I got back to eating more normally. 

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you all for you kind words.

To be honest this past 2 months have been a living hell. And you know what triggered it all?

Stopping smoking weed!

When I quit a couple of months ago I really thought it would be a positive move on my part, but all it has done is leave me even more paranoid.

I think over the years weed has sent my serotonin levels all over the place.

I suppose the not eating and all the water im drinking will help detox my system a bit.

Hopefully the prozac will help too

Thanks

Jumbo

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

To be honest this past 2 months have been a living hell. And you know what triggered it all?

Stopping smoking weed!

When I quit a couple of months ago I really thought it would be a positive move on my part, but all it has done is leave me even more paranoid.

That is really too bad. I hate it when i'm trying to make some positive steps and it  puts me back. Dieting and exercise can both do that to me if I do too much. I know I rely on sugar to calm me and if I do too much vigorous exercise its stresses the body and it leaves me more susceptible to OCD. So I find myself constantly falling back to comfort foods to cope with anxiety.

Have you discussed all this with your doctor? Hopefully it will just be a matter of time before the body gets used to not having weed to calm you, but maybe there's some med adjustment that could be made to help you. 

I really hope you get eating soon--the curry soup sounds good. I would really try to get your house stocked of easy stuff to eat though. Fruits, and canned stuff, granola bars...whatever...

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Sadly, i have nobody to go to shop for me as i have never confided in my family about my OCD. My neighbours are cool but I would be embarressed to ask them to go shopping for me.

Could you tell your family you're just not feeling well if you don't want to tell them about the OCD?  Also I wouldn't be embarrassed about asking the neighbours. A lot of people are happy to help with something simple like that. If they don't feel they can, they can just say no. Again you could just say you've not been feeling well and don't feel up to shopping...

 

Share this post


Link to post

Leif,

Im going to see my Doctor on Thursday, it will be first time I have left my flat in nearly 2 weeks! 

I will speak to him about the weed, in the past he has had very dim view of it and would refer to it disapprovingly as my "crutch"

He will no doubt be very happy I have quit.

I had hoped quitting would help with my OCD, perhaps It may take longer than I had expected to see any positive results.

As regards my family, there really is only my sister, and she has just had to have her elderly cat put to sleep.

As you can imagine, she is devaststed so I would hate to trouble her right now about my problems. I would prefer to keep her in the dark about it all.

So, on Thursday, I will do a very large shop and stock up with Tinned beans, vegetables and lots of fresh fruit.

Good food = good mood!

Thanks for your post :)

Jumbo

 

 

Edited by Jumbo

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Jumbo

I'm so sorry to hear you don't have any support as you don't feel like you can tell family....but we are all here 😊

Ocd is robbing you of your life.....I would say definitely order yourself a massive pizza and think stuff you OCD....you are not going to deprive me of anymore of my life. I know it's hard....but try to remember the things you are afraid of aren't the real issue...your brain is mis firing and ringing false alarm bells....there is no real danger...only the danger of your life not being led in a way that you deserve.

Keep fighting it....just a little bit at a time xxx

Share this post


Link to post

Online shop from a supermarket?

There must be support for getting off weed and staying off it. Have you looked on Reddit?

If I don’t eat I get weak.

Share this post


Link to post

I think your body just needs time to get used to not smoking weed, I think you've made the right choice giving up but if you've been doing it for a long time you'll have to adjust. I have recently joined a gym and noticed that exercise makes me feel really anxious, at first I feel great but then that overwhelming feeling turns to anxiety. All sorts of changes can impact our anxiety levels, you just have to stay on course in spite of the setbacks. Whenever I've had really high anxiety, I made a promise to myself, that I would try my best to take care of my physical health. So I tried to eat regularly (no matter how bad my appetite was), I tried to sleep normally and when I couldn't sleep, I didn't let myself stay in bed all day but made sure I went out and did things. These are small things but maintaining your health and routine can really get you through tough times. I hope you feel better soon, these periods are really rough but you can do it!

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, daja said:

Online shop from a supermarket?

There must be support for getting off weed and staying off it. Have you looked on Reddit?

If I don’t eat I get weak.

Daja,

Im gonna do a massive online shop this weekend. Great idea :)

I will have a look on reddit too, thanks.

Jumbo

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, malina said:

I think your body just needs time to get used to not smoking weed, I think you've made the right choice giving up but if you've been doing it for a long time you'll have to adjust. I have recently joined a gym and noticed that exercise makes me feel really anxious, at first I feel great but then that overwhelming feeling turns to anxiety. All sorts of changes can impact our anxiety levels, you just have to stay on course in spite of the setbacks. Whenever I've had really high anxiety, I made a promise to myself, that I would try my best to take care of my physical health. So I tried to eat regularly (no matter how bad my appetite was), I tried to sleep normally and when I couldn't sleep, I didn't let myself stay in bed all day but made sure I went out and did things. These are small things but maintaining your health and routine can really get you through tough times. I hope you feel better soon, these periods are really rough but you can do it!

Malina,

Thanks for your post.

As soon as I am feeling better I plan to start working out. With the money im saving not buying weed I could easily afford to join a gym. Thats something I could never have even thought of doing before. Maybe in a couple of months perhaps?

Its a shame, before my OCD got really bad I would love to walk for miles, I loved it and really miss it.

Now I cant even walk down the street without looking for needles :(

Jumbo

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Bodge said:

Hi Jumbo

I'm so sorry to hear you don't have any support as you don't feel like you can tell family....but we are all here 😊

Ocd is robbing you of your life.....I would say definitely order yourself a massive pizza and think stuff you OCD....you are not going to deprive me of anymore of my life. I know it's hard....but try to remember the things you are afraid of aren't the real issue...your brain is mis firing and ringing false alarm bells....there is no real danger...only the danger of your life not being led in a way that you deserve.

Keep fighting it....just a little bit at a time xxx

Bodge,

Ive left it too late to get that pizza tonight so tomorrow I plan to get the biggest one i can buy. Maybe even two!

It really means a lot to me to have the support of yourself and everybody on this forum. Your kind words and encouragement really help.

Thank you

Jumbo

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Malina,

Thanks for your post.

As soon as I am feeling better I plan to start working out. With the money im saving not buying weed I could easily afford to join a gym. Thats something I could never have even thought of doing before. Maybe in a couple of months perhaps?

Its a shame, before my OCD got really bad I would love to walk for miles, I loved it and really miss it.

Now I cant even walk down the street without looking for needles :(

Jumbo

Jumbo, the real trick is that you have to keep doing the things you love, in spite of the anxiety. I'm feeling kind of anxious now and everything seems like a massive task, yet I forced myself to water all my plants (I love doing this!), respond to my friend's text messages, watch tv with my partner etc. The thoughts I struggle with are very much present and the anxiety is there, but I force myself to have normal conversations and laugh about things. It first starts out as "forcing" yourself, but then it becomes a habit and after that it even all becomes enjoyable again. I say, go for a walk and be scared of needles the entire time and still try to have fun. You may not quite be there yet, but this is eventually what you'll have to start making yourself do. 

Share this post


Link to post

Prozac takes 8 to 12 weeks & 3 weeks is max a person can go without food. However, starvation causes the metabolism to change so when a person eats again it gets stored as fat for a long time. 

Dont eat a large pizza as it’ll give you nausea & you’ll throw it up. Small meals are better. 

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Handy said:

Prozac takes 8 to 12 weeks & 3 weeks is max a person can go without food. However, starvation causes the metabolism to change so when a person eats again it gets stored as fat for a long time. 

Dont eat a large pizza as it’ll give you nausea & you’ll throw it up. Small meals are better. 

Handy,

Ive just finally eaten a medium pizza and a garlic bread and I feel much better.

I still have another pizza still to eat but will save it tomorrow, no need for me to be too greedy eh?

Besides cold pizza is really nice :)

Thanks

Jumbo

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, malina said:

Jumbo, the real trick is that you have to keep doing the things you love, in spite of the anxiety. I'm feeling kind of anxious now and everything seems like a massive task, yet I forced myself to water all my plants (I love doing this!), respond to my friend's text messages, watch tv with my partner etc. The thoughts I struggle with are very much present and the anxiety is there, but I force myself to have normal conversations and laugh about things. It first starts out as "forcing" yourself, but then it becomes a habit and after that it even all becomes enjoyable again. I say, go for a walk and be scared of needles the entire time and still try to have fun. You may not quite be there yet, but this is eventually what you'll have to start making yourself do. 

Malina,

Thanks for the advice, you make a lot of sense in what you say. Wise words indeed :)

Now ive eaten i feel much better.

A good pizza can really boost your spirits :)

Jumbo 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Medium pizza is fine. Thought you were going for super large lol. Cold pizza is yummy too. 

Share this post


Link to post

So glad you finally managed to eat! And yes great idea to shop online if you are having a hard time getting out, though i do hope you get back to enjoying your walks soon--that's one of my favourite things to do too! Try to not stay inside too much--it'll get more daunting to face the outside world the longer you avoid it.

Really hope you continue to feel better and that your doctor visit goes well, Jumbo :) 

Share this post


Link to post

Well done for eating! It's very difficult to get anything down when anxiety is filling us up, so I'm glad you had a treat. You deserve something nice. Continue to be good to yourself. 😊❤️

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve been thinking of you Jumbo, glad you’ve eaten now.. how are you doing? 

Share this post


Link to post
On 09/09/2019 at 22:41, Jumbo said:

Malina,

Thanks for your post.

As soon as I am feeling better I plan to start working out. With the money im saving not buying weed I could easily afford to join a gym. Thats something I could never have even thought of doing before. Maybe in a couple of months perhaps?

Its a shame, before my OCD got really bad I would love to walk for miles, I loved it and really miss it.

Now I cant even walk down the street without looking for needles :(

Jumbo

Thanks Jumbo that is really nice of you to say! I'm glad you're feeling better after eating, it really does help! 

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Cub said:

Well done for eating! It's very difficult to get anything down when anxiety is filling us up, so I'm glad you had a treat. You deserve something nice. Continue to be good to yourself. 😊❤️

 

15 hours ago, Petal said:

I’ve been thinking of you Jumbo, glad you’ve eaten now.. how are you doing? 

Thank you both for your support and nice words, im quite overehelmed by everybodys kindness and concern.

Bless you all

Jumbo

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...