Anybody else get this?

Was doing pretty well for a few weeks and then bang last week things started back again. 

This time it's been worrying me that I might have said something to somebody during a conversation nearly a year ago. 

So I started thinking about whether I said it or not and realised straight away that I wouldn't have said it. Then I looked into it further, as for me to have said what I was worried about I would have also have to had said this other thing (without saying this other thing then the original thing I was worried about saying couldnt have possibly happened) and I then made the noise I normally make when I get reassurance (I call it the reassurance noise) but shortly afterwards I realised the noise was lower in tone than it normally is and then worried whether I really was reassured? 

Then I thought about it and realised that regardless of whether I made the noise at the correct pitch or not the original impulse I got to initially make the noise is what matters and therefore I must have been reassured to have got that initial impulse to make the reassurance noise?

But I've also been thinking that why is this all of a sudden bothering me nearly a year after the event? Surely it would have bothered me before now? But now I'm thinking back to see if it did bother me before now? 

Anybody else get this? 

Edited by MentalChecker

Hi MentalChecker, 

I think that many people can relate to your experience of something trivial, from a long time surfacing as a worry. I think you need to evaluate your response to this and try to recognise the compulsions that you're doing. In the first instance, the best response would have been to ignore this worry, after all why does it matter whether you said something a year ago or not? Then the other thing is, reassurance is a compulsion, it's not something you should be aiming for, so checking to see if your reassurance response was correct is another problem. I only say this because this pattern of thinking and behaviour is what is keeping the OCD going and why something is bothering you.