Please help...

Hi, I don't even know if this is OCD related but it might be exaggerating the event that just happened. 

I just took my dog out for a walk and we encountered a dog, I believe it was a puppy and at first he only was playing with my dog but then he tried to hump mine like two or three times and he was very still, like uncomfortable and I thought his face was weird/funny but then I realised that what was happening was not okay so I took my dog and left. I feel so anxious and so bad about it, I should have left the first time he tried  humped to hump him I shouldn't have let the other dog do it I should've protected him I'm such an horrible owner for even thinking it was bits of funny. I don't know what to do right now I think I deserve to die I'm so so sad. I feel like the worst person in the world when my dog is the most important living thing for me I just... ? I should have reacted earlier not the third time ???

Edited by lily17

You are not a bad person. Dogs, and all animals for that matter, have intercourse. It's just nature. Your dog isn't a human. You're acting like you let your child get raped, and that simply isn't what happened at all. I've watched one of my dogs get stuck inside of one of my female dogs and while I felt bad for the female, it was still pretty amusing. It doesn't mean you're a bad person. It doesn't mean you let your dog get hurt. Dogs don't think the way humans do. Your dog forgot about the entire experience as soon as it was done. And the stories your mind created about how your dog must have felt during the experience are just that, stories your mind made up. They are no more real than all of the other thoughts you have. Thoughts aren't real. They are automatic and don't reflect anything about you as a person or reality. I guarantee you your dog is totally fine. When that thought comes that you think, "omg how did I let that happen to my dog?!" Just notice it and say, "whatever". Is that hard to do, yes. But it works if you keep doing it. Treat it foe the insignificant nothing that it is and simply say "whatever".

3 hours ago, Alien8 said:

You are not a bad person. Dogs, and all animals for that matter, have intercourse. It's just nature. Your dog isn't a human. You're acting like you let your child get raped, and that simply isn't what happened at all. I've watched one of my dogs get stuck inside of one of my female dogs and while I felt bad for the female, it was still pretty amusing. It doesn't mean you're a bad person. It doesn't mean you let your dog get hurt. Dogs don't think the way humans do. Your dog forgot about the entire experience as soon as it was done. And the stories your mind created about how your dog must have felt during the experience are just that, stories your mind made up. They are no more real than all of the other thoughts you have. Thoughts aren't real. They are automatic and don't reflect anything about you as a person or reality. I guarantee you your dog is totally fine. When that thought comes that you think, "omg how did I let that happen to my dog?!" Just notice it and say, "whatever". Is that hard to do, yes. But it works if you keep doing it. Treat it foe the insignificant nothing that it is and simply say "whatever".

I cannot thank you enough for this comment. Really, thank you so much.