Movie based on my story

As some of you know, I wrote a book about my life with OCD, how the disorder contributed to legal problems and my subsequent journey to wellness.

In 2017, a young man I know filmed a movie based on the book. The movie 'Ash' had its world premiere at the Vancouver International Film Festival last night. 

The movie is not all about OCD. Rather, it has OCD undertones. It is actually a love story and an opportunity to explore empathy. It is raw and powerful.

I thought I'd give a taste of the movie by posting a link to the trailer.

Comments welcome!

Thanks everyone. No release yet. It's just making the rounds of film festivals right now. They fo that in the hopes a distributor picks it up. All normal in rhe world of indie films.

For sure it will be available on DVD. I'll let you know when it's ready.

Edited by PolarBear

Polar Bear, I've read your book and as a filmmaker myself I must say this looks absolutely beautiful. Trailer actually brought me to tears, massive congratulations to everyone involved and I hope you continue to have success at festival showings :)

• 3 weeks later...

This looks beautiful, thanks for sharing. Do let us know when we can watch the full film anywhere.

I love your book. Can I ask - did they keep the 'POCD' theme of your book? Or is the film more loosely based on your experiences?

• 2 weeks later...