Support my own therapy behavioural work and support the charity at the same time

This is not a naughty sales plug, it really is a genuine request.  Long story short, a box of our greetings cards were dropped in the office on a part of floor my OCD is not a fan of. The box was sealed, and the cards did not touch the floor, but my OCD is making more it than it should.

So yesterday OCD failure - I through the box away (I should have kept and put with other small boxes I tend to keep, as always handy).

Yesterday OCD success - I started touching the cards and adding to the website (despite an OCD urge to throw them away and pay for them myself). 

Today OCD success - I finished adding to the website and with advice from a therapist friend I even mixed them up with existing stock. I dropped my brand new phone on to the suspect cards too.

So that job's done, to ensure no fears keep sneaking back in, over the next few days it would be helpful if I keep touching them.... and no better way than if I have to pick and pack them to send out as orders...   so if you need to send a friend a little note, or thank them for something or need a birthday card... they are just 99p each (plus postage, but 4 or 5 and the postage is next to nothing per card).

https://www.ocduk.org/product-category/greetings-cards/

So yeah ok, it is bit of a sales plug, but I don't do it much and this one is in a good personal cause :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

Just bought some ashley - they are gorgeous cards! 

ERP ahoy! 

Thank you GBG xx, I am still in the office about to leave home so with your permission I am going to get them off the rack now and leave on my desk (contaminating.. well not, but you know what I mean) so that on Monday the first thing I have to do is pick them up and pack them away ready for Monday despatch. 

1 minute ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

Yes of course, whatever you need to do and then some! :) 

Cat cards... I should have guessed :lol:

Here they are deliberately touching my laptop monitor (Laptop comes home with me, so I put them on that first and now monitor) before I put in a nice neat pile where my laptop will be sitting on Monday.

Thank you for your help x

20191004_180323_resized.jpg

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Cat cards... I should have guessed :lol:

Here they are deliberately touching my laptop monitor (Laptop comes home with me, so I put them on that first and now monitor) before I put in a nice neat pile where my laptop will be sitting on Monday.

Thank you for your help x

20191004_180323_resized.jpg

Haha there are some dogs in there too :D 

Awesome thanks very much and I hope it's helped :) x 

Just now, gingerbreadgirl said:

Haha not as many as you might expect! :D 

That's true, Sue (who works here) is cat mad too, and we do have a lot of cat cards!  GBG was restrained. 

13 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

they are gorgeous cards! 

One of them, the one only partially showing above really is cute.

Just now, gingerbreadgirl said:

Awesome thanks very much and I hope it's helped :) x 

You really have, thank you. I am actually ok at the moment anxiety wise, like 1% so no problem level anxiety. My worry was that if I don't come in here over the weekend, then that anxiety might slip up to 10% or more... so by doing this you have helped me ensure the first thing I do on Monday is touch them, thank you :)

I am on a waiting list for therapy for this final problem, it's all linked.

18 hours ago, Ashley said:

You really have, thank you. I am actually ok at the moment anxiety wise, like 1% so no problem level anxiety. My worry was that if I don't come in here over the weekend, then that anxiety might slip up to 10% or more... so by doing this you have helped me ensure the first thing I do on Monday is touch them, thank you :)

I have just wondered over to the office and deliberately touched the cards and rubbed my phone (which I'm typing from now) all over the cards (not yours GBG). Anxiety is more or less non existent, less than 1% I'd say.

On 05/10/2019 at 13:03, Ashley said:

I am on a waiting list for therapy for this final problem, it's all linked.

I have just wondered over to the office and deliberately touched the cards and rubbed my phone (which I'm typing from now) all over the cards (not yours GBG). Anxiety is more or less non existent, less than 1% I'd say.

This is great ashley :) 

How you feeling about it now? 

20 hours ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

How you feeling about it now? 

All good, thank you for helping me achieve that.  The cards don't represent any anxiety at all now.   The floor still does, and somehow I need to confront that, not entirely sure yet how. 

On 05/10/2019 at 14:25, Closed for repairs said:

Lots of respect over this, 

top walking the walk!

Take a pic of that bit of floor get it printed on a mug , and drink a toast to not giving a monkeys.

Thank you Closed, I am purposely walking over it each day, and looking at but somehow I can't seem to take the next step... yet... I will... not just sure how yet.

That particular bit of floor seems to be evoking a negative OCD core belief that focuses into it having bad connections. 

Was there a previous issue there that caused your OCD to label that especial spot as bad? 

Yes, that's why I'm struggling with it, the fear then grew the longer I avoided it.

Today was interesting, after a bad night's sleep I woke up tired, but as the day went on I started to get the urge to sit on the floor, lay down on it, angel like.... I was so close, but something, just something was just holding me back. I made the famous 'call a friend' for inspirational words, and clarity to push me over the edge to do it, but I couldn't reach them all day. I was so close to doing it, but just something wouldn't quite let me. I'm really, really hoping the urge is still there tomorrow.