Support my own therapy behavioural work and support the charity at the same time

45 minutes ago, Ashley said:

BREAKING NEWS:  I have just had a bath for pure relaxation in nearly 2 years. This won't mean much to some, but for others who know I have had to avoid my bath because the taps and plug were #OCD 'contaminated', then you will know how much this means. That was part of victory

the other part was the fact that I had slept in a 'contaminated' bed for two nights (contaminated according to OCD, not in reality) without showering, and I felt minimal anxiety.  I still have one hurdle to overcome, but this weeks success will help make that hurdle leapable!

The above success brought to you by #CBT at home, a proactive choice to face #OCD & advice from amazing friends, so thank you SM, KM, PS, ZW, GB, CM (and anyone I forgot) for being there. And to all my forum and social media friends rooting for me. Despite wobble this year, I've always believed in recovery.

I can't pretend I set out to confront OCD this week, unfortunately (or fortunate) my body forced the issue on the night I was off to London the following day, so whilst I could have spent 3 hours doing rituals and covering myself in bleach, I knew I would have not com pleted step 4 of ritual so I would have been anxious all time away.  So, for whatever reason that morning I decided to try and challenge myself, some rituals were done (thats my final hurdle) but step 2 was minimal and step 3 not completed.  So In actual fact, by not doing most of step 2 or step 3 or 4, I believe this now sets me up to face step 1.... which would mean recovery from OCD. 

When will I be able to do that? I don't know. But I am going to consolidate gains for sure, and not run away from main step, and  maybe in time, days rather than weeks, I will confront.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Well done Ashley! Congrats! :57439eb60db27_thumbup::57439eb60db27_thumbup::57439eb60db27_thumbup:

Edited by Andrea
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic