We don't currently have a shopping delivery but I emphasise entirely and would have similar thoughts myself in your situation. However I will add this doesn't mean any concerns I have are valid, likely or what most people would think in this situation. But I appreciate how hard this is at the same time!

Hi Madchoc, 

We don't have shopping delivered but when I was sharing a flat one of my flatmates used to get Tesco delivery and I thought it was grose that it was delivered loose in a box/crate.

That's not to say that it was grose; just that my contamination OCD didn't like it! I also instruct family members (I can't get to the supermarket) not to buy loose fruit or veg for the same reason. However that's really silly of me and the best thing to do is to see this as a deliberate exposure task rather than avoiding getting shopping delivered. Loads of people up and down the country get their shopping delivered every few days/week and suffer no ill-effects. OCD tries to control everything so don't let it make you avoid normal everyday things like this (I need to tell myself this too!).

Edited by BelAnna

Actually yeah this reminds me. I used to get home delivery and when Asda stopped using bags it was a bit of problem for me sometimes. I remember sometimes having to ‘disinfect’ the entire shopping if I noticed anything brown on the crate because according to my OCD it was almost certainly poo.  Nowadays I just jump on my bike and go down myself.  It’s cheaper and the exercise will make you feel good, though it comes with it’s own problems.

6 hours ago, Don K said:

Actually yeah this reminds me. I used to get home delivery and when Asda stopped using bags it was a bit of problem for me sometimes. I remember sometimes having to ‘disinfect’ the entire shopping if I noticed anything brown on the crate because according to my OCD it was almost certainly poo.  Nowadays I just jump on my bike and go down myself.  It’s cheaper and the exercise will make you feel good, though it comes with it’s own problems.

Heh. I remember one time when we had an Asda delivery, and one of the bags had this strange red rag in it. We complained online, but never got an official explanation. It didn't help matters that I was trying to get by with none of my medication at the time to see how I'd get by!!!!! I was already in the depth of depression, but the idea of that red rag coming with our order revolted me, and made me feel less like eating, and made eating itself less enjoyable!!!!!!

2 hours ago, STEJ said:

Heh. I remember one time when we had an Asda delivery, and one of the bags had this strange red rag in it. We complained online, but never got an official explanation. It didn't help matters that I was trying to get by with none of my medication at the time to see how I'd get by!!!!! I was already in the depth of depression, but the idea of that red rag coming with our order revolted me, and made me feel less like eating, and made eating itself less enjoyable!!!!!!

That's the darnedest thing! Asda online do have quite bad customer service if memory serves me correctly.