I am worried that I might have caught head lice from someone and that I am going to end up with Hepatitis or HIV. This person was homeless and drug user and hugged me, I don't know why I didn't stop them hugging me, I think I was shocked but I did not hug back. I'm worried they may have had head lice and I will have caught them and end up with Hep or AIDS. I also questioned maybe I had been stabbed with a needle when hugged but I don't think I was. I feel like I need to check my body for needle puncture and hair for lice when I get home. Is this reasonable or not?

Edited by Headwreck
Spelling

Hi There 

I agree with dksea - it's definitely just OCD.  I worked with a HIV prevention charity for many years and put simply, head lice bites do not transmit HIV or Hepatitis.  I know I should not be offering any reassurance, as this can add to the cycle of OCD, but I have also worked with lots of homeless people: they no more have head lice than do anyone else. 

Hope you feel better soon.  

Kind wishes

Tez 

5 hours ago, Headwreck said:

This worry didn't seem to stick around, felt okay and saw how ridiculous I was being a couple of days later. 

Try to use that as a reminder, before you go rushing for the Emergency Exit next time.