Hi all my son is suffering from intrusive thoughts this is his 4th episode of bad mental health in the last 5 years my heart breaks for him having to go through this so young what can I do to help please????

Hi Mama, 

A very warm welcome to the forum.

I’m so sorry your son’s going through such a difficult time at the moment, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you too, I am sorry.

Unfortunately OCD symptoms can have a habit of waxing and waning needing more treatment...can I ask where your son is on the treatment road and how old he is...has he received CBT before, perhaps through the NHS?

Accessing help is important but just as important is the support, guidance and love you’re giving your son...that’s already going to be helping him so much. Has he told you the nature of the intrusive thoughts he’s experiencing and the sort of compulsions he’s carrying out to relieve how anxious he’s feeling?

I think I’m guilty of bombarding you with loads of questions, but I’m glad you’ve found us and I hope we’ll be able to help your son and you through this.