Passed a cracksmoker

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Just when I had started cycling home for the day, I decided to take another road, it always seems to happen when I do something in a different way than usually.. Well I went in to a tunnel, and in the end of the tunnel I saw two drugusers and one of them sat at the ground smoking in a crackpipe, you saw smoke so this is not a false alarm... I got anxious pretty much instantenous. 

It was 1 hour ago and I have been googling my whole way home, there is one good study (on passive cracksmoking/exposure) but as usually you never know about the amounts... I think I got affected because I feelt tingling, dizziness and still feeling lightheaded. Also had a hard time focusing when I went home.

What if I get tested in the close future and I test positive? This is really not my main worry but it should be I guess, because it's a real worry. Never thought about calling the police because I got caught worrying but I should have called...

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Can you see that this type of situation has happened to you many times before? It's a theme... that prople are foing something that could harm you.

And what did you do? You right away did compulsions, Googling and contemplsting going to the police.

Do you see where your behavior was wrong?

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I can see that but Crack is pretty damn serious. Also I feelt really really strange on the way home. But I do know that I never will know. Shame I didn't call the police instead I worried about it

5 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Just when I had started cycling home for the day, I decided to take another road, it always seems to happen when I do something in a different way than usually.. Well I went in to a tunnel, and in the end of the tunnel I saw two drugusers and one of them sat at the ground smoking in a crackpipe, you saw smoke so this is not a false alarm... I got anxious pretty much instantenous. 

It was 1 hour ago and I have been googling my whole way home, there is one good study (on passive cracksmoking/exposure) but as usually you never know about the amounts... I think I got affected because I feelt tingling, dizziness and still feeling lightheaded. Also had a hard time focusing when I went home.

What if I get tested in the close future and I test positive? This is really not my main worry but it should be I guess, because it's a real worry. Never thought about calling the police because I got caught worrying but I should have called...

This is bo**ocks. Get a brain.

Calling the police? The cops would have laughed you out of the police station. 

Edited by paradoxer
11 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

i would imagine that would probably be the anxiety you were feeling.

Have you been able to gain some perspective on this situation as time passed?

I think I got affected because I feelt tingling, dizziness and still feeling lightheaded. Also had a hard time focusing when I went home.

Which do you think is more likely:
1. As you were riding past on your bike you inhaled enough "second hand crack smoke" to get high
2. You are experiencing the symptoms of anxiety

What if I get tested in the close future and I test positive? This is really not my main worry but it should be I guess, because it's a real worry.

It is a real worry in that you are worrying about it.  But is it a RATIONAL worry?  What do you think?