Can I share my ERP success?

So today my therapist and I went out and about. All round a supermarket, holding a basket, touching the produce, opening the fridges, using the checkout divider things and then touching my babies hands and all over the buggy then I licked my finger and then I pressed the button to cross the road, accidentally touched a public bin then ate a sausage roll with MY UNWASHED BARE HANDS!!

Oh wow! Amazing! That sounds like freedom! Well done, I am so pleased for you. ? 

These are the exact sort of things which I can't imagine myself doing, which make leaving the house fraught, but which I used to do without a second thought. 

Edited by Lollipop
1 hour ago, Hopingtorecover said:

So today my therapist and I went out and about. All round a supermarket, holding a basket, touching the produce, opening the fridges, using the checkout divider things and then touching my babies hands and all over the buggy then I licked my finger and then I pressed the button to cross the road, accidentally touched a public bin then ate a sausage roll with MY UNWASHED BARE HANDS!!

Well done Hoping! :)

You are doing really well, and it looks like you have struck gold with that therapist! View this as a turning point, where you are now controlling OCD, as opposed to it controlling you.

9 hours ago, Hopingtorecover said:

Congratulations that's fantastic!  Keep up the great work, you are doing so well!

12 hours ago, Hopingtorecover said:

Brilliant! :clapping::clapping::clapping:keep going, You are doing a fantastic job :57439eb60db27_thumbup:

Edited by Andrea

A man delivers jar of waters in our house. The jars have lots of dirt and insects outside due to filling up in a unclean place. According to my ocd I must wash my hands after I pour water in water filters etc. But I didn't wash my hands for two hours and only washed it before taking dinner.

Havent cleaned the buggy from yesterday and walked a mile to and a mile back from the doctors pushing it this morning. Struggle a lot with the doctors and use a tissue for the doors and the checking in screen. But am still wearing the same clothes and determined not to change or wash my coat. Also pressed the road crossing button thing on the way home (usually just wait for a gap in traffic) and then made myself touch the buggy handles. 

19 hours ago, Lollipop said:

Oh wow! Amazing! That sounds like freedom! Well done, I am so pleased for you. ? 

These are the exact sort of things which I can't imagine myself doing, which make leaving the house fraught, but which I used to do without a second thought. 

I think the moment of realising I wanted to do it was reading everyone’s success on here and realising I’m not going to wake up better one day, that’s not how ocd works. Recovery means anxiety, and it means fighting for it but it’s better than the alternative! 

15 hours ago, Hopingtorecover said:

I think the moment of realising I wanted to do it was reading everyone’s success on here and realising I’m not going to wake up better one day, that’s not how ocd works. Recovery means anxiety, and it means fighting for it but it’s better than the alternative! 

:clapping::clapping::clapping::goodpost::clapping::clapping::57439eb60db27_thumbup::57439eb60db27_thumbup: