OCD Question thats and just wondering!

Why do i obsess over stupid thoughts that just come out of the blue! Just thoughts that dont even frighten me, just daft silly thoughts that come and then wont go and then i start obsessing over them then start getting all depressed, just cos of a daft silly thought! 

Its like i am so tired and scared of even thinking of anything, cos i know it'll spiral out of control and I'll make myself worse! This also links into my fears of becoming insane and out of control also.....

The reason is because you have OCD. A broken part of your brain sends out a loud alarm warning when you get some stipid thoughts. It's the same warning you would get if you saw fire coming toward you. It makes you want to do something (compulsions), which in fact do no good and only make things worse in the future.

You have the ability to learn to ignore that warning when you have a stupid thought. Given enough practice and time, that broken part of your brain can learn not to send out the warning when stupid thoughts arise.

I obsess over everything from morning to night, i suppose at the minute my health anxiety is really high at the minute as i was ill on my holiday, and just feel so deflated now, that i didnt enjoy it as much.  I slso have lots of mucous on my chest thats burning and I'm really scared! My dad died this year from a lung disorder, he had lots wrong with him though before he died.... but cant seem to get the breathing part out of my head, and with having this fullness and pain in my chest, its all I'm worrying about!